Last night I was playing my Epiphone Joe Perry Les Paul at a gig, and towards the end were were 'turning it up to 11', and since then this guitar has developed a constant high-pitched buzz.

It doesn't matter if I turn the volume down, it doesn't matter which pickup (or both) I use, tone control makes no difference, it happens with every amp and every cable. No matter what things I change, I get this constant really high-pitched drone buzz, whether I'm not touching the strings at all or if I'm playing something, it's just always there. It sounds like I've somehow gotten the guitar playing a never-ending pinch harmonic without me even touching it and even with the volume on both pickups at 0.

I've looked inside the guitar and I can't see anything visibly disconnected or broken, it all looks in top shape as far as I can see. I've had this guitar for four years now and in that time it's never given me a single problem, everything is still stock.

Could there be something that's worn out? How can I tell? Could something have become warped or outright broken? Does something need replacing, fixing, turning, re-soldering? Are my pickups screwed, is the input screwed, is it the pots? Anyone got any ideas at all?
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
It's called feedback..... But do you have a grounding box or anything that might help a bit possibly.
Sounds to me like the a wire of the pickups got unsoldered. I had a guitar do that to me when the pickup was still wired to the pot but not grounded on the pots casing. It doesn't go away when you touch the strings. If you do inside the cavity and move the pickups main wire around and see if it fixes temporary. Also we are talking passive pups right?
You are putting too much gain on it, and it is creating feedback. (The guitar is picking up what the amp is putting out, amp puts it out again, guitar picks it up again, amp puts it out again... and again... and again)
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by Jayok
It's called feedback..... But do you have a grounding box or anything that might help a bit possibly.
It's definitely not feedback. Like I said, even when I have everything turned right down to zero, with no gain, no distortion, not even playing anything, and standing well away from the amp, I still get it. I tested it with the pickups on zero and a 5w tube amp set to 1 and a half, and it was loud - I turned the amp up to just 3 and it became deafening...

And, I have no idea what a grounding box is

Quote by jordanshadow
Sounds to me like the a wire of the pickups got unsoldered. I had a guitar do that to me when the pickup was still wired to the pot but not grounded on the pots casing. It doesn't go away when you touch the strings. If you do inside the cavity and move the pickups main wire around and see if it fixes temporary. Also we are talking passive pups right?
Yes, passive pickups, Gibson Burstbucker #2 and #3.

I'll have another poke around and see if wiggling any of the wires gets it to go away. I did have a look before though and it all looks perfectly soldered and connected still though...

God damn you four year old first guitar, don't die on me!
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Hey guys this is clearly not feedback, a noise gate will not help! This is most likely a problem with the ground. Its a buzz even when he has the volume on his guitar at 0. Definitely check the ground wire and the pickup wiring.