I've heard somewhere that the wood of some epiphone guitars from a certain period are inferior to more recent epiphones
is this true?
and how would this apply to an epiphone les paul made post-2006?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
epiphone les paul has many kinds standard, studio , special - II , ultra all have kinda different wood
my epiphone lp is a custom
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Well Customs have always been 100% Mahogany bodies and necks with Rosewood fretboards. So you don't have to worry.

Other models though sometimes were made with half Alder and half Mahogany, before 2005. Since 2005 (or it might be early 2006, I forget), they've stopped using Alder on all their guitars except the really lowest models (and the ones they do use Alder on, they clearly state they use Alder on their website, so you can just check that to see which cheap guitars still have Alder in them. Also a couple of the really cheap Epi guitars use Maple, but again, the website clearly says which are made like that.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
its simple you can check the year it was made throguth serial, and theres one more
if your tuners a greover (standard look) and dont look liike plastic klusons means you have mahagony body and maple top.
i hav a standard with grovers and i think its a 2007 so i hope thats gd quality
heres an old email i thought u may like to read..
its part of the correspondence between myself and
Unsung guitars..south korea. Epiphone outsourced
alot of guitars there.. I thought this would be cool
because its straight from the horses mouth..

Me...
Dear Unsung,

I have an Epiphone Lp-100 that I recently found out
was made in one of your factories. It was made in
1999 and it still plays like a dream. I bought it used.

My question is:

Was this guitar made with Korean wood?
If so, what kind?

Unsung
Dear Sir,

I cannot say for sure which wood was used on your LP-100 but, we used mostly Indonesian mahogany or basswood for LP guitars. They also had hard maple necks..

I cant speak for all models..but this covers the ones made in Korea..
good luck on your research
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Jun 15, 2008,
Quote by madvedon
its simple you can check the year it was made throguth serial, and theres one more
if your tuners a greover (standard look) and dont look liike plastic klusons means you have mahagony body and maple top.

Umm.. that's rather inaccurate. Mine and many others that came with Grovers had the alder/mahogany combo. Mine doesn't even have a maple top, just the flamed veneer over the alder body. The mahogany they speak of is a veneer too. Only a few models prior to 2006 actually used mahogany. Going by the tuners is misleading.
oh Thanks for info.
I know that my Epi was made in China in 2007 and has full magafony body and maple top.
And even if it doesn't it sounds good to me so who cares ?
My LP was made in Korea in like 94... does that mean it's crappy wood?
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Not necessarily, were about 4 or 5 different factories operating in Korea. Mine was made in the Unsung factory in 2004, it has grovers, mahogany body and a flamed maple top.
...Bleep Bloop...
Older epiphone's (before 2002) where made only made out of mahogany after 2002 the standard production models (not elitist) where made of a Mahogany/alder combo