Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
It's a free country. Seriously though, where would you rather have it?
Last edited by opivy21 at Jun 17, 2008,
I think noise rock fits in the Punk & Ska forum.

Anyway, I love Brian Gibson's bass playing. Makes me wanna tune my bass weird and buy some effects pedals.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
This music is weird, in some cases hard to hear, but still not too bad. I think they have some skill in it because they can make rhythms from seemingly non-rhythmic sounds.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Best new band I've heard today.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
No, I'm saying that I like them.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I've known about these guys since sometime around late 2006, but I always ignored them until the beginning of this year. They're by far one of the best bands I've heard in a long time, and they're also an amazing live band.

And it's a shame they only have one tab on this site.
God that sounds bad, and they're based in a city 20 minutes away from me.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by goldmember1217
I've known about these guys since sometime around late 2006, but I always ignored them until the beginning of this year. They're by far one of the best bands I've heard in a long time, and they're also an amazing live band.

And it's a shame they only have one tab on this site.

Have you actually seen them? If so, I'm infinitely jealous. All the pictures and videos I've seen of them live look nuts.
I've heard their stuff before, but where on earth do you buy their music?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by opivy21
Have you actually seen them? If so, I'm infinitely jealous. All the pictures and videos I've seen of them live look nuts.

I wish. I just have to resort to watching YouTube videos until they play gigs in Canada.

I also love how most of their gigs are 'guerrilla' style, where everyone in the crowd is surrounding them.

Quote by snipelfritz
I've heard their stuff before, but where on earth do you buy their music?

I got all my stuff from iTunes. I'm sure they're somewhere on Amazon and the like, too.

That looks too fun.

I found Hypermagic Mountain at my local record store, but I was actually kind of surprised. Like goldmember said, I'm positive amazon would have them.
^I would love to be at that show.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

The front row all look like they're taking it from behind.

I didn't ever get that stuck into Lightning Bolt, had a preference for Hella and at that time they seemed to be very similar.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
The front row all look like they're taking it from behind.

Even more reason to be there!
i don't think there is a single vagina in that entire crowd...

i enjoy Lightning Bolt even if it won't get me the ladies
I love Lightning Bolt! Hypermagic Mountain saw a drop in quality though. ):

P.S. I'm currently boinking a fine young lady who loves Lightning Bolt. It's great.
So. I listened to Wonderful Rainbow for the first time in a couple months and remembered how much I love that album. Assassins makes me want to kick babies and punch myself in the dick (and I mean that in the best way possible).
Quote by goldmember1217
So. I listened to Wonderful Rainbow for the first time in a couple months and remembered how much I love that album. Assassins makes me want to kick babies and punch myself in the dick (and I mean that in the best way possible).

Been meaning to pick up a copy of Hypermagic Mountain, from what I've heard though they're pretty good.
Quote by goldmember1217

Likewise, Dead Cowboy is so badass. They'll never ever come to Australia though.
"Shoot low, they're riding Shetlands"