i just got a sweet new computer and it is new and updated. I loaded halo the first one and i try to go on multiplayer and it says i need to be administrator to download this patch. heres the catch, theres only one account on here and it says that iam admin
right click the file - run as administrator?

I don't use Vista, so I'm just guessing
Quote by JEvsn
right click the file - run as administrator?

I don't use Vista, so I'm just guessing

....you my sir win the internet....
Yeah you'll have to do that for alot of internet programs and such. It's a pain, but I liek the way Vista looks, so I deal with it. If it become unbareable you can downgrade.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Vista sucks, I have some advise.

Get a macintosh.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
Quote by Ironza

Get a macintosh.

These answers should get you banned. Seriously... You're not funny.
Quote by JEvsn
These answers should get you banned. Seriously... You're not funny.

I agree. And I wouldn't recommend a Mac to anyone, unless they record, but that's the only thing it's good for.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Ironza

Get a macintosh.

Try finding Halo for a mac cocksucker.
That's weird- I have halo on this laptop, and I'm on vista- no problems at all.

The only things I could suggest are right clicking on halo startup, then choosing to run as administrator. Also try using compatibility mode, and set it to XP SP2.

If none of these things work, you should be able to find manual patches for halo on the gearbox website.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i like vista. diablo II doesn't run for **** on it though.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Disable UAC. (User Account Control)

Or right click the patch .exe and "run as administrator".

And do the compatibility mode settings like rabid said on all older games just in case.
Quote by kennyvspenny
i like vista. diablo II doesn't run for **** on it though.

Works fine for me. Get a patch from the blizzard website. Can't be arsed finding it at the moment.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.