Hey guys, about a month ago i put up a thread for our song "pack my bags up" and got overwhelming response, which was thrilling to say the least haha. But we have a new song, and its funny because theres a little pressure to make one that people like as much as the last one. I'd love to know what you think about the new song, called "Alive". Leave me a link so I can return the favor!

nick

www.myspace.com/onwilshire
Hey guys, about a month ago i put up a thread for our song "pack my bags up" and got overwhelming response, which was thrilling to say the least haha. But we have a new song, and its funny because theres a little pressure to make one that people like as much as the last one. I'd love to know what you think about the new song, called "Alive". Leave me a link so I can return the favor!

Sounds good man! Very eclectic and alternative at the same time.You guys sound really good and tight as a unit and seem to bring a unique mix of elements together. Heres mine epiphany and acid rain

http://www.myspace.com/nathanelhaleproject
Pretty nicee.
Not liking the synth at the beginning, at all, sorry!
The rest's great so far though.
Sweet vocals, great sense of melody, well done melodies, tight playing all around.
Arrangement's good, very marketable (which definately isn't an insult.)
Crystal clear dynamics, nice and simple chord progressions, with a nice memorable melody.
Fantastic solo here too, Slash has entered the room 8)
Like the little palm mute build up there too.
And the typical arena rock last chorus, with the "look at us we're sensitive" piano, which I'm an absoloute sucker for.

It's a tad too long for what it is though. It outlives its welcome around the 3 and a half minute mark, but that's the metaller that likes constant twists and turns in me talking. As a pop rock song, it's fine, but yeah, just a tad too long.

Nicely recorded aswell, crystal ****ing clear. Nice guitar tone. Drums sound a bit ghetto, but the music shines through their production, and it's clear enough to be heard, which is what matters.

Song: 8.5/10
Recording: 8.5/10

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885044
i like the piano intro, although it has some timing issues. good recording quality. what do you use? drums sounded a bit to harsh to me. try easing up a bit on the snare. very epic pop sound going so far. i like the keys.

vocals: i think they could use some more reverb and should equed a bit more softly. also they could come down a bit in the mix. good stuff though. the melody is way to damn catchy i thought the harmonies were great, but i thought that at some points the lead vocals could use more character

i thought the writing was really impressive on this one. lyrically this was very good, you have a very confident and straight forward writing style.

solo: haha nice! pinches were a bit overdone, but overall, very good, and also a good fit. At the end of the solo you should hold the last note through the soft buildup.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875561
Too cool for a signature.
hey thnx for the crit man!
im gonna write as i listen. not really a fan of the intro or the singing(sorry!). guitar playing is tight. drums were cool and simple. really soothing song though nice ont he ears ill give you that . the solo has to be my favorite part of the song. btw great recording quality too! how do you guys record?