Hi, this is my 3rd full length song. I've been working on this song for the past 3 hours or so, so it isn't amazing. Anyway please crit =D

EDIT: changed file so bass is now drop C
Attachments:
untitled.zip
Last edited by metalmaster1991 at Jun 15, 2008,
I like it, but there's just one problem, your bass guitar isn't set to drop c so some of what it's doing is clashing with the guitars at parts. Idk if that was your intention but I'm just saying. Good song though
Quote by XPestilenceX
I like it, but there's just one problem, your bass guitar isn't set to drop c so some of what it's doing is clashing with the guitars at parts. Idk if that was your intention but I'm just saying. Good song though

oh poop i forgot to change bass thanks for that mate
imo, it was much too simplistic to be deathcore. keep practising, you had the right ideas, but you need to improve a lot to get where you need to be to play deathcore. it was pretty good, i've definately heard worse, but just keep practising alternate picking riffs or whatever you call them, and try to use wayyy less bar chords and tremolo picking.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Critting as I'm listening...

The intro sounds pretty good, really heavy, gets my attention.
The next bit, really predictable.
The leads about 30 seconds in sound pretty sweet, I'm just disappointed that didn't continue throughout the breakdown.
I like the post-breakdown riff, heavy as ****.
Another heavy riff, start to get a little boring.
I really like the upbeat feel of the song, something you could really mosh too.
The second breakdown is really generic, I've heard it a million times before.
And that tremelo picking in the background is just annoying.
Too much tremelo picking, mix it up, throw some lead lines in there.
More power chords, change it up a little bit man.

Overall, it wasn't bad. I just felt like I was listening to the same thing throughout the whole song, it's either chug chug power chords and tremelo picking or a breakdown, just change it up some, make it a little more interesting well still maintaining the really heavy feel of the song and it'll be much better. 7.5/10

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911174
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin