I bought the Crate Flexwave and defended it to the end but once i truly compared it to other recordings of amps I can find no good tone out of it anymore. It was good for awhile, and I've come to the conclusion it sucks. I still have the 30 day bring it back to the store deal, so that's what I plan to do. Here's the dilemma, I have band practice tomorrow. Going to need a great amp to play through at around 350 bucks. I'd get the Vox VT series but the footswitch isn't standard[like the crate] and I need one. My options are almost limitless, but I live in the US, so no Laney's, or any other kind of UK home-bread amp that isn't stock in the US. Looking for AT LEAST 50 watts power and great tone. I prefer a tube amp, wish I could get a 30 watt tube amp. They have the Orange Crush series, but those...I didn't like them. I can get a SPIDER 3 OR MG SERIES LULZ, but that would mean basically not doing anything at all. So as you can see, I'm stuck in a rut.

Actually, it looks like the only good option is the AD50VT...
I got some good guitars, yo.
Last edited by Leat at Jun 15, 2008,
Quote by False_God
Peavey classic 30?

Nobody keeps them stock here.
Then go used. What kind of styles do you play?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Then go used. What kind of styles do you play?

Rock, Metal, Blues. But I play rock with my band.

Views on Flextones? A guy is selling a Flextone II for 450, maybe I could talk him down to 350.
Can you go used, and what is your exact budget?
Quote by Kevin Saale
Can you go used, and what is your exact budget?

Yes we have Craigslist[like the newspaper kind of..] and people sell gear every day. There's only a few options from there though, and there's a shop I could check tomorrow after work, it's a used guitar shop.
good luck finding a 50 watt tube amp under 400, but u can get a pretty good fender amp that's 100 watts for 300 i think, but if u just need it for the gig, i'd buy a nice amp and then return it and get the money back....
^If the ts doesn't need super flexible he can get a better amp aimed more for what he plays.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^If the ts doesn't need super flexible he can get a better amp aimed more for what he plays.

I'm looking for quality over quanity in tones. I like to play metal, but I'm only good at rhythm and don't plan to make anything of it, so if I ever just 'need that gain' i'll buy a pedal for messing around. I'm looking for an American Voiced Tube Amp. If at all possible.

I can get a 100 watt Ultimate Chorus Fender amp. What are you guys views on those, even though they're SS?
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Fender=/=Metal. Look for some used Crate Blue Voodoos maybe. Or Flextones. They are good for heavy stuff even if they aren't tube.

Nah, see I plan to fiddle with metal on occasions, but play ROCK all the time. You get me?

Which is why I'd prefer to get a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe.
HRD has good cleans, but the OD sucks balls to be honest. I had one and got rid of it. My Mesa f-30 sounds great, the OD channel can do crunchy and smooth and sounds great with a boost. It's got enough gain for metal, but the low gain stuff (which I do mostly) still sounds great. The cleans are very fender with the mids scooped and I'd say are as good as the HRD. I got mine for 580 used and I've seen them go for less on the bay. Separate eqs for the channels is a huge plus.