How long of guitar playing before you're an intermediate player??? Or what skills should you know???
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
i'd say over 1 year and under 5... when you're still learning, but know the basics... for me, i realized i was intermediate when i stopped playing covers and started writing music... Then my guitar playing went in a new direction. I think this turn was the one to intermediate... I think advanced is when you can seamlessly translate emotion and moods through a guitar, without looking, in front of a huge crowd, and no mistakes
It's really easy to say when someone is a beginner. It's also easy to say when someone is advanced.

In between there is really hard to judge though.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Well how much exp do you have? You need like 10,000 exp to reach level 25, which is about intermediate...
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
You get it when you beat the boss at the end of the beginner level. I think it's a dragon or somthing...

There are no levels dude. It's just what you are at the time.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Ok cause my parents are like "you're still a beginner" and I've been playing for around 3 years, but constantly for around 2 of those three I know a few whole songs, a lot of parts of songs, and I'm starting to write. They said it's because I haven't even taken lessons yet.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
^Don't think of it in terms like that. We're all pretty much always beginners in some aspect of it. As long as your desire to learn outweighs your ego, you'll progress.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
i'd say over 1 year and under 5... when you're still learning, but know the basics... for me, i realized i was intermediate when i stopped playing covers and started writing music... Then my guitar playing went in a new direction. I think this turn was the one to intermediate... I think advanced is when you can seamlessly translate emotion and moods through a guitar, without looking, in front of a huge crowd, and no mistakes

You never stop learning, EVER

Paul Gilbert still takes advice from other guitarists and you can see how he's progressed so much over his career