i bought a boss metal zone mt-2 from ebay, guy said it had light use and worked great. got the pedal, hooked it up and it worked amazingly.
maybe 6 days later, it didn't turn on when i pressed it. i looked at the manual (or somewhere) and saw that it was recommended i unplug it when not in use cuz that drains the battery. not to mention i didn't know how new the battery inside it was, so i figured that the batteries were the issue.
fast forward a couple weeks, i bought a boss psa adapter and hooked it up. it still doesn't turn on. got a new battery, still doesn't turn on.
when hooked up to the amp, the guitar can't even go through the pedal normally. i have to hook it up directly to the amp to get sound instead.
any ideas??
Sadly, it's another Metal Zone problem.

These things fail left and right, both in reliability and tone.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well, the only thing I can think of is to check all your connections and make sure all your cables work. Other than that I have no idea
Does the led light up?
My DS-1 did that for the longest time, I don't remember what I did to fix it. I think I just left it alone for a long time and it works now. Maybe it was a cable I was using.. Did you try that?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
the led doesn't light up, just tried another battery and still no... if i didn't just buy a boss psa adapter i'd say i'll try the metal master but.. ****
the cables are all new.. worked with the amp so they should be good.
you cannot even get the thing to turn on eh? from what im hearing there is no hope unless you want to rip the thing open and take a peak inside to see whats wrong. the reason there is no bypass is because the MT-2 does not have true bypass, it uses buffers. one more thing: never trust ANYONE on ebay, kuz u never now what you are exactly getting.
gear:
Gibson SG Cherrywood finish
BC Rich Mockingbird 5 piece maple body with Neck-Thru
Hammer Californian Quiltop
some old Stagg bass
Modded GCB-95F crybaby
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fab Flange
Crate 1x12 65 watt 3-channel amp
Quote by Bushor2011
you cannot even get the thing to turn on eh? from what im hearing there is no hope unless you want to rip the thing open and take a peak inside to see whats wrong. the reason there is no bypass is because the MT-2 does not have true bypass, it uses buffers. one more thing: never trust ANYONE on ebay, kuz u never now what you are exactly getting.

Thats a stupid statement.. Never trust anyone on eBay even though it's the best online auction site anywhere.

anyway, go contact the seller.. See what he says.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
Thats a stupid statement.. Never trust anyone on eBay even though it's the best online auction site anywhere.

anyway, go contact the seller.. See what he says.

+1
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.