Hey i was wondering if anyone has had any experience or owned either or both the clapton and the american (non-polka dot) buddy guy signature strats. And if so their views on them and which they believed to be better.

I know the only way to find out really is to try them but the chances of my local guitar shops having both are slim to none. So any information, (especially some sound clips) would be greatly appreciated, much obliged

Lewis
Admittedly my experiences with strats is pretty limited, but the short time that I got to noodle around with a Clapton strat I loved it. Easily the best feeling strat I've played (except maybe the EJ strat).
Similar guitars. I would go with the BG just because I hate noiseless pups and that really the only difference between the two since they both have the active mid boost.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
thanks guys, so you reckon the gold laces are superior to the noiseless pups?
Im one of the few people who dislikes both laces and the noiseless pups.
claptons strat is very very versatile though.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by T!AN
Admittedly my experiences with strats is pretty limited, but the short time that I got to noodle around with a Clapton strat I loved it. Easily the best feeling strat I've played (except maybe the EJ strat).

That's a good point:
Have you considdered the eric johnson strat?
I played around on an Eric Clapton for a long period of time while deciding what guitar I wanted, and picked a regular MIA over it.

I now sem-regret that decision. Loved the neck on the Clapton.
High as tits
Quote by saltysnail
That's a good point:
Have you considdered the eric johnson strat?

+1

EJ strats are amazing
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I've never played a Clapton, but I've noodles on some BGs. The only Stratocasters I've ever liked.
yeah the johnson seems nice i'd like to give it a try but i was drawn to the active electronics of the BG and EC and i think they would suit my style of playing more, but definitely worth a try, thanks a lot guys.
EC has actives?
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
EC has actives?

i dont think his pups are active, but he has an active preamp in his guitar that he uses to boost mid frequencies.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
^+1. The buddy guy strat does the same thing. I think it's all a bit redundant as you could just use an eq pedal to the same effect and have so much more control over it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
EC has actives?
yer it has a 25 db on board mid boost as does the BG

EDIT: aw dam too late
Quote by Babylou
yer it has a 25 db on board mid boost as does the BG

EDIT: aw dam too late

i did not know the BG had that too.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I still vote EJ strat It's probably the best strat I've ever played and i don't like maple necks!
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Since we are talking artist signature strats, I was wondering if Fender ever made a Ry Cooder artist model? Probably not, but just wondering.
Hmm i don't think so, he's a cool player, i liked his work with Mahal
Any owners of these strats got sound clips or contributions they'd like to make?