Pit, I come to you with a physics question, which is actually very basic, but I just realized I'm not entirely sure what would happen..

Say you have shoes with rubber (like the kind everyone uses everyday), and you came in contact with an electrical current..nothing would happen, right? and what if it was a really strong electrical current, like a lightning or something?
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Nothing will happen, though I think that if it's very strong it might arc from you to the ground like a Tesla coil.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
You can make electricity pass through rubber with a high enough voltage.

If you get a high voltage power supply and connect the positive and negative terminals to sheets of tin foil and lay them down on a table with a sheet of rubber or plastic in between then you'll get sparks going through the rubber at a high enough voltage.
Quote by tincho729
Pit, I come to you with a physics question, which is actually very basic, but I just realized I'm not entirely sure what would happen..

Say you have shoes with rubber (like the kind everyone uses everyday), and you came in contact with an electrical current..nothing would happen, right? and what if it was a really strong electrical current, like a lightning or something?

lightning jumps from the clouds to you through nothing but air, if it can do that what makes you think a small piece of rubber will stop it getting to the ground from you?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
1cm of rubber can resist 10,000V

Lighting is usually around 8,000,000V

That's a lot of rubber.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

So, we can conclude from this that rubber aint working worth a **** against the common enemy that is high voltage electricity/lightning.

So what now i ask you.

What now?
ok, thanks a lot
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Quote by Preid
So, we can conclude from this that rubber aint working worth a **** against the common enemy that is high voltage electricity/lightning.

So what now i ask you.

What now?

faraday cage
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
lightning jumps from the clouds to you through nothing but air, if it can do that what makes you think a small piece of rubber will stop it getting to the ground from you?

Sounds exactly like the explanation Richard Hammond once gave, hmm....

Top Gear FTW!
tl;dr : IM BETTER THAN YOU
Get a high enough voltage or amperage, and your rubber shoes will melt.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I think that air is a better conductor than rubber, so if the voltage or intensity get too high the current will skip the rubber and arc through the air.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Thats a myth.. those worksafe approved boots have shock protection, but with a high voltage even wearing a shoe with an inch of rubber on it probably wont save you
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.