I know, a presumptuous title, but I'm sure this has been done before.

In the band I am in, we have a singer. We play mainly mod-rock to metal.

Said singer never comes to practise (well he hasn't been for a month) and keeps making excuses why he can't come. We have a gig in just over two weeks and the reast of the band have our three songs (short set) sorted, but have no idea if he's even bothered to learn the songs. I don't go to the same college as the rest of the band members but from what the drummer and bassist tells me whenever they ask him about it he either walks off, changes the subject or simply doesn't answer.

Here's an MSN convo to show you what I mean:

Lee says: (23:43:29)
an answer would be good liam
Lee says: (23:43:43)
cos weve only got two practises left and you havent been for like a onth
|_ | /\ |\/| Liam (L)'s Krystal 4eva says: (23:44:06)
I know an onth is a long time
|_ | /\ |\/| Liam (L)'s Krystal 4eva says: (23:44:09)
lol
Lee says: (23:44:54)
****ing hell
Lee says: (23:45:06)
are you coming next week or not??
|_ | /\ |\/| Liam (L)'s Krystal 4eva says: (23:45:36)
if the cheese goes off then yh
Lee says: (23:45:49)
what?
|_ | /\ |\/| Liam (L)'s Krystal 4eva says: (23:46:11)
u heard
Lee says: (23:46:19)
what does that even mean
well?
|_ | /\ |\/| Liam (L)'s Krystal 4eva says: (23:49:45)
sheraaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
|_ | /\ |\/| Liam (L)'s Krystal 4eva has left the conversation.

What do I do, UG?
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Jun 15, 2008,
Liam sounds like an idiot. find someone willing to sing a few tracks for you for that gig as a temp. teach him the tunes quick. and kick liam.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Kick Liam, and get a new singer, but hurry! :P
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Well, I was thinking I'd give him one more chance to turn up at practise next week and then kick him if he doesn't show (obviously i'll have to discuss it with the bass player and drummer).

We've got a couple of songs that I can sing and play (Wonderwall, All Right Now) and one of our songs is instrtumental anyway, so we might be able to edge through with me as singer. The problem is, I can't recruit anyone from the area I live because I can't ask them to commute like I do - £10 each week from Colchester to Gidea Park does add up.

It's really up to the drummer and bassist.
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Jun 15, 2008,
The problem is, I can't recruit anyone from the area I live because I can't ask them to commute like I do - £10 each week from Colchester to Gidea Park does add up.

I'm assuming that's were the bass player and drummer go to college? Ask them to find someone there, there's lots of musicians at colleges.
I'm assuming that's were the bass player and drummer go to college? Ask them to find someone there, there's lots of musicians at colleges.

It's really up to the drummer and bassist.

im assuming liam comes from colchester?

and he seems like a complete arse, so really either struggle through the gig with him, then kick him coz it sounded awful OR kick him now and do it yourself
^No, he lives where I used to live, near Romford. The drummer may have found someone who can do some emergency singing, so we may survive the gig

Cheers for your help/encouragement guys.