I am planning on buying a second guitar (my first being a Jackson RR3), and I've narrowed it down to either an Ibanez RG2550Z or RG1570. I like to play anything except country, and I want a very versitile guitar that can go from blues to heavy metal, and both of these Ibanezs seem to do that. Something that mainly can play Thrash Metal to Prog/Tech Shred stuff and sound great. I just can't decide which one I like better. Any help would be awesome.

*I own a Line 6 Spider III 75 watt amp which I would be running the guitar through if that helps. Also I current have Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Livewires on my Jackson and I'm really not liking the tone I get out of them, and I'm thinking of switching to an EMG 81/60 set. Any suggestions, or comments?
New amp is my suggestion/comment...

To expand on that, you're not going to notice any huge tonal difference from from different guitars/pickups with that amps that's why I 'm suggesting spending the money on a new amp.
+123456789987654321 on the new amp.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
He didn't ask for a lecture on his f*cking amp, stop doing that and answer the question he asked. I know you think you're doing him good, but it's just obnoxious at this point.

Also, go with the RG2550Z.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
I don't mind the comments on the amp, I've been noticing poor quality coming from my amp, but can you guys then recommend a good amp for around $500 that comes with built in stuff like my line 6, that will give me a good tone/sound cuz I dont want to buy an amp with nothing decent built in and then have to load it up with a pre-amp and a combination of a multi-effects pedal, and several single pedals. Also I would like the question about my pickups answered. Should I keep my sterile sounding pups or get something else?
it's not your pups that our sterile, it's the amp.

For an amp thats good for thrash and shred i acutely recommended B-52 amp's
Haha, I asked this same question today and I already ordered my RG2550z. I just went with it cause it has an edge zero bridge so less problems with tuning when you use whammy, it has better pickups and (I know this shouldn't be the basis of buying a guitar) it looks cooler. And they're the same price (at least thats what I saw). So, yeah rg2550z.
Ok prestige rg2550z it is, now I just gotta wait for it to become availiable later this month, now I need to look for a new amp as well I guess.
Ya I need a new amp but I can buy both, I got the money for it, just need to test/be recommended a new about thats around $300-700.
Well I would like to get a better sound/tone than what I got, my amp sounds watered down, and I can get that balls out Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer/Anthrax/Testament tone I want for riffing nor the Dream Theater/Sacth/Vai/Gilbert lead, solo sound.
I'd go for an HSH S series like this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S5470-Electric-Guitar?sku=518112

Or if you're set on an R series Ibanez I'd go with this one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Prestige-Series-RG2550Z-Electric-Guitar?sku=515738

Lil on the expensive side, but it's really really nice

The edge zero is the only edge bridge I'd recommend, and it's just an amazing instrument.
Ok what if i replace the speaker on the amp, will that improve my ****ty, watered down, tone/sound?

Also I'm looking for an amp with built in features like the line 6s. Such as delay, phlanger, multiple distortion and overdrive channels.
Quote by SCopeland24
Ok what if i replace the speaker on the amp, will that improve my ****ty, watered down, tone/sound?

Also I'm looking for an amp with built in features like the line 6s. Such as delay, phlanger, multiple distortion and overdrive channels.

Slightly, but the main problem with the Line 6 Spider III series (and I and II) is that they are pretty sterile amps due to the digital nature of the amp. IMO, there wouldn't be much point putting money into modding this amp; you'd be better off and saving more money by buying a brand new amp.

If you really do want to find an amp with all those effects built in, I'm unsure of any models but you could always get a few pedals to get those sorta affects.

Quote by <3 Herman <3

The edge zero is the only edge bridge I'd recommend, and it's just an amazing instrument.

The Edge Pro, Edge and Lo-Pro Edge are all fantastic bridges. How could you forget them?

As for both of those guitars you mentioned TS...

RG1570

- Japanese Made
- Edge Pro tremolo
- V / S series pickups
- Rear mounted pickups (No pickguard)
- Wizard Prestige Neck, rosewood fretboard
- Basswood body

RG2550Z

- Japanese Made
- Edge Zero tremolo
- IBZ Dimarzio pickups (very good IMO, but some users say otherwise)
- Front mounted pickups (pickguard)
- Wizard Prestige Neck, rosewood fretboard
- Basswood body

Either way, both guitars are kick ass. I'd go for the RG2550Z mainly because I personally prefer the pickguard look and the sound of IBZ Dimarzio pickups are better than V / S pickups. On the other hand, you could swap them out so.... null point.