Poll: Weed, alcohol, both or neither?
Poll Options
View poll results: Weed, alcohol, both or neither?
Legalize Weed, ban alcohol
33 12%
Keep alcohol legal, and weed illegal
55 20%
Ban both
17 6%
Legalize both
176 63%
Voters: 281.
Page 1 of 3
So Im not a pothead, or an alcoholic, Im not totally against them, I just dont do them, but i do have alcoholic and pothead friends.

And I was wondering which should be illegal, weed or alcohol, seriously, think about it.

With alcohol, you have only a little bit of awareness of your actions, and usually if your drinking your with friends, or a party, which increases the chances of you doing something stupid and full of regret.

With weed, you have much more awareness of what your doing, and your with close friends that your willing to share a blunt/joint with, and if your doing weed, it calms you down, so you would not be at a party doing stupid things, you would be sitting down, listening to music, smoking.

I think weed should be legalized and alcohol banned.

Your thoughts?
Your sister should be illegal.

Alcohol more dangerous then weed...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Alcohol is probably in more cases more dangerous at the time of consumption

Weed leads to long term problems

But I'll burn down parliament the day they try to ban beer
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by floppypick
Your sister should be illegal.

Alcohol more dangerous then weed...

Fixed, and true.

Nice av, BTW.

EDIT: Goddammit! You fixed it before I had the opportunity to finish posting!
The American public couldn't handle the legalization of weed. There's not enough of a social stigma on it to keep everyone from becoming a lazy pothead.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
legalize it both.
or just move to canada.
where the health care is free, the weed is legal, and there's moose.
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
Weed should be decriminalized, its a hell of a lot less dangerous than alcohol. My mom even supports the decriminalization of weed cause all you want to do when you are stoned is sit around and eat lol.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
if weed is legalized then it will be used in large groups of people. you only have it with a few people now because you don't want to get caught.

edit: by having marijuana illegal the government is discriminating against rastafarians
Last edited by wabuoats at Jun 15, 2008,
Quote by Flying Couch
Fixed, and true.

Nice av, BTW.

EDIT: Goddammit! You fixed it before I had the opportunity to finish posting!

Yeah, noticed as I pressed post..
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
They should both be legalised, or atleast decriminalised. Why should the government tell us what we can and can't put into our own bodies.
yeah both should be legal.
also you call everyone that uses a pothead or alcoholic, there is such a thing as moderation, which is kinda the key to using drugs/alcohol
"Your just a monkey in a monkey suit, aww yeah!"-Piebald "Long Nights"
legalize weed, make the legal smoking age for weed 16, and cigarettes stay 18 (this way more people will smoke weed then cigarettes, plus at 16 the side-effects should screw you up too bad

keep the alcohol law at this: drinks with a proof level of 1 or less may be consumed by anyone over the age of 10, proof level of 3 at 14, 5 at 16, 10 at 18 and then at 20 you can drink whatever the hell you want. this way there wont be so much binge drinking by teens with TOO potent stuff. and its at the parents discretion how much of the beverage legal for their child the child may have, if any at all

edited because im an idiot
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Last edited by divinecrossfire at Jun 15, 2008,
Problems:

1) Weed gives everyone munchies. Everyone gets munchies = everyone eats. Everyone eats all the time = obese society. Obese society = Not good.

2) Weed, believe it or not, is un-healthy.

3) America is too immature to have legalized weed. They would all become potheads.

4) It's more fun when it's illegal.

1) Alcohol being banned would only make criminals of people that are presently good citizens who enjoy a beer here and there.

2) They tried prohibition in the early 1900s. Didn't work at all.

3) This is a guitar forum. Not the legislature...
Quote by divinecrossfire
legalize weed, make the legal smoking age for weed 16, and cigarettes stay 18 (this way more people will smoke weed then cigarettes, plus at 16 the side-effects should screw you up too bad

keep the alcohol law at this: drinks with a proof level of 5 or less may be consumed by anyone over the age of 10, proof level of 10 at 14, 15 at 16, 20 at 18 and then at 20 you can drink whatever the hell you want. this way there wont be so much binge drinking by teens with TOO potent stuff. and its at the parents discretion how much of the beverage legal for their child the child may have, if any at all

You are a fucking Idiot.
Alcohol is much more harmful than weed, and I don't think there's anyone seriously advocating banning booze around here.
i think you should make weed illegal and keep alcohol.. now i'm against alcohol, but we cant ban it... or, well.. you know what happened last time we tried that..
Quote by ShaunDiel
You are a fucking Idiot.

I second that.
Quote by Spitz13
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Legalize all drugs.

edit: riffermadness has obviously never tried heroine...

foo i shoot up herione for breakfeast
Quote by Necrotic
i think you should make weed illegal and keep alcohol.. now i'm against alcohol, but we cant ban it... or, well.. you know what happened last time we tried that..

Exactly. Alcohol is worse than weed, but banning it will just cause problems. As would legalizing weed.
Quote by Spitz13
I know some states where weed is legal but you can only have like, a gram on you or else youre considered a dealer and can get in MAJOR ****. If there were laws that made bud legal, but very strict thats the only way it could work.

Alcohol will never be illegal.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by riffermadness25
foo i shoot up herione for breakfeast

that reminds me, I saw some guy with a t-shirt today that said "Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore"
Quote by divinecrossfire

keep the alcohol law at this: drinks with a proof level of 5 or less may be consumed by anyone over the age of 10, proof level of 10 at 14, 15 at 16, 20 at 18 and then at 20 you can drink whatever the hell you want. this way there wont be so much binge drinking by teens with TOO potent stuff. and its at the parents discretion how much of the beverage legal for their child the child may have, if any at all

Hey dude, beer in the US has anywhere from 3% to 5% alcohol on average. Letting a bunch of 10 year olds drink that would mean after 6 beers they'd be trashed. In due time, their tolerance would build and their binge drinking abilities would be ASTRONOMICAL!
Your totally right, but banning alcohol wouldn't be good. Everyone who drinks now would start either drinking illegally (prohibition never worked did it) or swap straight over to weed, when you should do both in moderation.

Plus, think of all the moderate alcohol drinkers. Middle class middle aged people sat at a dinner party substituting a glass of wine with a joint. A small amount of beer or wine fairly often is actually good for you, whereas weed is only good in terms of treating arthritis etc.

But it would be good if there was a choice. People who get more and more drunk and get violent wouldn't have cause the same problems for society if they got high. Obviously it would still be illegal to drive stoned, or to go to work stoned. If the law treated weed the same as alcohol, we'd be much better off, and much more mellowed out. It would take a lot of money from organized crime, and might giver the farmers something to do.

It would sort out the pissheads ruining the town centers at weekends problem too. Compare:

Stumbling out of night clubs at 3 AM, smashing a bottle and starting a fight. Throwing up, lying in the curb. The police have to come to sort it out. Stumbling into the takeaway, buying donna meat (which is bad for you, disgusting and prepared incredibly unsanitarily.) Then getting a taxi, throwing up in it, then going home to beat your wife.

with

People wandering out of weed bars at 11 (because they want to get to bed, they're nackered!) and having conversations about how interesting coats are, stumbling into the icecream shop before getting the last bus home and falling asleep watching TV.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by ShredtoBed
Alcohol will never be illegal.
No, prohibition could clearly never happen
keep alchohol legal, it's more conveniant that way.
keep weed illegal, it's cheaper that way.
Quote by Jonjy2
Problems:

1) Weed gives everyone munchies. Everyone gets munchies = everyone eats. Everyone eats all the time = obese society. Obese society = Not good.

2) Weed, believe it or not, is un-healthy.

3) America is too immature to have legalized weed. They would all become potheads.

4) It's more fun when it's illegal.

1)Not everyone has to eat junk food while high, or they could just eat healthy before they smoke so they aren't hungry when they're high.

2)True, same with alcohol.

3)I don't think it'd be too much different.

4) Can't disagree with that

Quote by veggiederek
legalize it both.
or just move to canada.

Weed isn't legal here in canada but cops are so lenient on it it might as well be. Also most cops here probably smoke it themselves.
Quote by veggiederek
legalize it both.
or just move to canada.

Weed is only legal in Canada for medical purposes, you need a prescription in order to get some.
Most people I know who smoke pot are lazy bastards who don't do much except sit around and smoke. I know plenty of people who drink and don't let it take over their lives.
Quote by Spitz13
Quote by veggiederek
legalize it both.
or just move to canada.

veggiederek, you obviously don't live in Canada, never been to Canada, AND know nothing about Canada.
I myself was born and live in Canada.
Health care is free, which is good, but taxes are high.
Weed is not legal
and moose are only in the northern part of Canada where the only people who live there are rednecks and women with no teeth.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Also most cops here probably smoke it themselves.

That's one thing I can't stand. When people defend their weed habit by saying "oh, everyone does it." It's not true and it's stupid.
Quote by Spitz13
Quote by kingofdudes161
veggiederek, you obviously don't live in Canada, never been to Canada, AND know nothing about Canada.
I myself was born and live in Canada.
Health care is free, which is good, but taxes are high.
Weed is not legal
and moose are only in the northern part of Canada where the only people who live there are rednecks and women with no teeth.

You tell 'em
But if weed were legalized, then the War on Drugs wouldn't be able to subsist and many people would lose jobs. **** creating new jobs if weed is legalized, I'd grow my own, no need for farmers and then companies tampering with weed like they do with tobacco.
Page 1 of 3