So in my never ending search for an amp that can do thrash, power, and maybe a bit of death metal i came upon a B-52 AT 100 Head and 4x12 cab, which includes two pedals (he didn't specify) and all the cords for only $350!

Can this thing do the outlined metal well? Stuff like Metallica, Iced Earth, Testament, Manticora (if you've heard them), Amon Amarth, etc...

The main thing I'm worried about however, is the volume, 100 watts of pure tube power, could I manage to still play this at bedroom levels? It's alright if not, as this amp is meant for gigs and band practice, and I have my microcube for home practice, but I would still like to play this at home.
meh, tube amps can sound good at low vol, they just sound much better loud. You can still play it fine. You'll probably find a sweet spot where the amp starts to thicken up, which will probably take some volume, but they are still usable at low vols. For $350, that seems like a steal for a halfstack if everything is working.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Definitely not a bedroom amp, but then again you don't have to worry too much about tone if y ou're just running through things in your bedroom.

I've got the 2X12 and absolutely love it for metal.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
it should be able to handle it since it is a high gain tube amp, mike stone from queensryche uses them, but the best thing for you to do is to go to a store and test it for your self
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Quote by Erock503
meh, tube amps can sound good at low vol, they just sound much better loud. You can still play it fine. You'll probably find a sweet spot where the amp starts to thicken up, which will probably take some volume, but they are still usable at low vols. For $350, that seems like a steal for a halfstack if everything is working.

The listing says the amp is in mint condition.

I was also thinking about getting a used 5150 for $550, but the B-52 is so cheap. I would rather have the combo in terms of size, I really don't want to haul around a half-stack, but once again price...