I just bought an Ibanez RG550XX a few months ago, and I've had no problems with it besides a bit of tremolo maintenance. I was just doing some volume swells and my volume control is completely locked up. I can't turn it at all. I can't see anything wrong with it...Help?
can you pull it off?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
wedge a thin sock or a thin tee under the knob and pull the knog up and off, like a slingshot.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
wedge a thin sock or a thin tee under the knob and pull the knog up and off, like a slingshot.

Then what?
Its not the knob its the volume pot itself, ive heard that this has occurred on alot of the new ibanez guitars.

You have to get a new pot.
Quote by jake911
Its not the knob its the volume pot itself, ive heard that this has occurred on alot of the new ibanez guitars.

You have to get a new pot.

Would it be too complicated to change it out without taking it into the shop? I mean, is the wiring pretty straightforward?
Uhh, kinda if you have soldered stuff before,

but what you would have to do is just unsolder from the bad pot and put the wires back like they were for the new one.

But it should be straightforward.
Quote by jake911
Uhh, kinda if you have soldered stuff before,

but what you would have to do is just unsolder from the bad pot and put the wires back like they were for the new one.

But it should be straightforward.

Alright cool. Anything I should know before going out to buy a new volume pot? Are they all the same or what?
Get a 500k pot. And im not sure what size yours is but it may be the quarter size.
to change the pot, u'll probably have to get the knob off first.

so after you get it off, you'll want to take the nut off under the knob and the shaft slides back into the cavity.

on the new pot you'll put the wires in the same spots as they are now.

so, write down on paper where they go.

and buy a soldering iron at radio shack.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62