I've got a problem with those two knobs. They seem to be connected internally. The problem is, I lose sound or get feedback-like pops if I adjust it or even if my chord bumps either knob.

So I pulled the knobs off, and noticed the washers were loose. Tightening them did not fix the problem.

I opened it up and took a look. I'm not electronically inclined, but I wanted to see if there's a loose wire or something like that. I didn't see anything loose or burned.

I do notice that it doesn't pop or have no sound if I kind of bend the two knobs to the left a little. So anyone have any suggestions?
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
always hold the pot (the knob) from inside the cavity when tightening the nuts on the pot stems. or the wires can cross.

i think that one or two of the wires are touching and causing the problem. and when you move the pots in a certain way, they no longer touch.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Hey thanks for the reply. I didn't notice any wires touching. I tried it and still no change. I tried a little McGuyver on it. I know I should take it to a shop soon, because I bought it a while ago used and am not sure it has any warranty left, but it was fine when I got it.

I loosened both washers, cut two very small sheets of paper, folded them in half, and put them under the right side of both pots, and tightened both of them, closed it up, and it's working for now without problems. I'll probably have it looked at sometime soon though. Thanks again for the help.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦