I'm heading out to guitar center pretty soon to pick up a new acoustic guitar (it'll be my second. my first was a really crappy yamaha) and i've narrowed it down to two choices so far: the yamaha FG730s and the takamine G340SC. i've heard a lot of good things about both guitars, but i'm just not sure. I love the look of both, especially the yamaha, but the cutaway on the takamine seems convenient. i wont have a chance to play them for a while, so i was hoping for some input from you guys. thanks in advance.

Yamaha FG730S : http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-FG730S-Solid-Top-Acoustic-Guitar-519049-i1150361.gc

Takamine G340SC : http://www.guitarcenter.com/Takamine-G340SC-Solid-Top-Cutaway-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar-516423-i1148980.gc

GO with the Yamaha, it's just a better Guitar, though most (including me) would generally agree Takamine is a better name, between these two the FG730S is the best choice.
I personally like them both - for me, it would be a very subjective decision between the two. Is there any way you can play them both yourself? You can't go wrong with the Yammie, but the Tak is also very nice. I personally prefer the tone of the Tak. But once again, that's a very subjective evaluation.
I've never tried the yamaha, but i can vouch for the Tak's good playability.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i vote the fg730 .. i use to have it and i still miss it .. lolz .. i studied the fg730 and could not find one flaw on it .. great quality, sound, and playability
Yamaha just seems built better, and it sounds better (biased, because I like Spruce). The Tak seems to play smoother for whatever reason.
Quote by Retribution
One's a spruce top, one's a cedar top!

Try them both, see which one's tone you prefer.

Quote by Siren Silently
Yamaha just seems built better, and it sounds better (biased, because I like Spruce). The Tak seems to play smoother for whatever reason.

Okay, let's get one thing straight here... THEY BOTH HAVE SPRUCE TOPS.

Retribution, you probably have the G340SC mixed up with the G330S, which has a cedar top.
I just bought an FG730S after playing tons of them and being consistantly impressed. Yamaha gets my vote.
"There but for fortune go you or I"- Phil Ochs
Quote by sunshowers
Okay, let's get one thing straight here... THEY BOTH HAVE SPRUCE TOPS.

Retribution, you probably have the G340SC mixed up with the G330S, which has a cedar top.

I stand corrected then.