I was just wondering if there were any scales out there that kind of give that Spanish sounding vibe to it. I like the way Spanish music sounds and our bassist is a mexican so he dabbles in it a bit too. So yeah basically just wondering if there were any scales that had that Spanish sound to it...thanks in advance!
Minor scales emanate that old Spanish feel
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
harmonic minor is used alot in flamenco
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
phrygian has a spanish sound
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
the fabled 15-tone "searchbar" scale
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I can help alot. But without giving out too much info contact me. I'll drop you 8 or so.
Quote by Herotime
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I can help alot. But without giving out too much info contact me. I'll drop you 8 or so.

Erm, just post them in here? It'll help other people as well.
Been away, am back
Quote by Vos
I did search, didn't find anything very helpful.

Apologies
Try Dorian, Phrygian, Harmonic Minor, Phrygian Dominant (5th mode of harmonic minor)
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
Try playing a major scale, but flat the 2nd and 6th.

If anyone knows the proper name for this scale (if there is one) then feel free to share.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
Try playing a major scale, but flat the 2nd and 6th.

If anyone knows the proper name for this scale (if there is one) then feel free to share.

Its called the Byzantine Scale.
Been away, am back