Ok so I'm a pretty serious guitarist who does some home recording so i bought a cheap bass practice amp (Rocktron 25 watt) and a decent bass (schecter). Im primarily a guitarist so so i dont know to much about bass gear. Recently I played bass for a folk singer and just followed along with his chords cuz they where pretty easy. The owner was pretty impressed (they dont get to much bass players so they thought it was alot harder than it is) and had me playing with all these folk, country, and folk rock type stuff ie stones dylan CCR stuff like that. So i need a decent bass amp preferably around 300$ US but im willing to go a little higher. I would like it to be simple just basic EQ and volume.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Lookin for somethin punchy and with a good deal of low end but as i said im not a bassist so i actually thought my rocktron sounded decent until i tried out an ampeg. I know that i'm not going to be able to get the SVT or anything like that but i just need something for backing singer songwriters who want to play with a band.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
What applications are you going to need it for? For most gigs, people will recommend at least 300W, which you won't get for $300.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
This is at a small coffee shop and the drummers either play with brushes or very quietly with sticks. How loud will it need to be to compete over this
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
you might be a able to find a fender rumble 100 watt very simple eq but sounds great
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Rumble-100-Bass-Combo?sku=480721
just over 300 and well worth it. i gig in bigger places than coffe shops with it and its heard great. ifind that the 300 watt rule is just a basic jist and less than that is generally fine.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
The rumber series define 'ok'. They are just really not great sounding, but are hard to fault.

I would look for around 150W, which wuld suggest either the Ashdown MAG 300 or the Warwick Sweet 15.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
The rumber series define 'ok'. They are just really not great sounding, but are hard to fault.

I would look for around 150W, which wuld suggest either the Ashdown MAG 300 or the Warwick Sweet 15.

+1 Ashdowns are great amps for the price.
Quote by gm jack

This.

I've just laybuy-ed myself a Sweet 15.2, they sound really really good, and have a graphic EQ in them as well.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat