alright, I think it's offiical. Im going to run every audio need i need off of guitar amps

ive done my keyboard 1/4 to 1/4
itunes through a 1/8th to 1/4 conversion plug into laptop

sounds sooo good

what does the IoI looking port on the side of a mac laptop mean?

input?
What?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Why!?

Guitar speakers are meant for a GUITAR. It can only handle a certain range of frequencies before it blows or fries. It's won't sound near as good with all the EQing you've done on your amp either.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I pretty much agree^

The ipod probably won't have enough output to blow the speaker, but its gonna sound like crap. You're better off getting a key board amp and running everything through that.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i change my eq for most every song change kinda replicates finding the tone

i have a small se of desktops i have been using but i played "window licker" off the grandma boy soundtrack through my amp and heard sounds i counden't dream of

i'm carful about having everything off the first time i hook it up
what would be the difference with a keyboard amp?
Quote by FUNKmods
i change my eq for most every song change kinda replicates finding the tone

i have a small se of desktops i have been using but i played "window licker" off the grandma boy soundtrack through my amp and heard sounds i counden't dream of

i'm carful about having everything off the first time i hook it up
what would be the difference with a keyboard amp?

A keyboard amp wont color the sound anywhere near as much. Same with a bass amp.

Also, keyboard and bass amp speakers can handle just about any frequencies at high volume levels, whereas a guitar amp will get blown to bits by too much low end when cranked.

Also, I think a guitar amp would make any audio samples cluttered with mids and treble.

Another solution [probably the best, btw] would be to get a little 2-4 channel soundboard [heck, a Behringer would work] and hook up your stuff to that. Then, when you're gigging send the outputs straight to the house's soundboard so that they can be played through the mains and monitors instead of an amp. This would preserve the sound of the samples with hardly any coloration.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Last edited by chase312 at Jun 16, 2008,
thanks i was looking for a way to connect more directly to my computer i was thinking line 6 but http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer.gc?o=1 looks good too

an mp3 is produced and dosent clip so wouldnt it be not as bad for the speaker.

I like all the eq settings on the amp if i burn it out i guess it's my fault, bass and keyboard don't sound as cool as this

another question. am i replicating really close to the tones a band used becasue it is a replication of their tone through their gear on my speaker barring the EQ and gain settings?

i mean the blues sound spot on clapton im putting away the desktops
[quote="FUNKmods
another question. am i replicating really close to the tones a band used becasue it is a replication of their tone through their gear on my speaker barring the EQ and gain settings?

i mean the blues sound spot on clapton im putting away the desktops
No, not remotely - those tracks are recorded and optimised for playing back on flat-response hi-fi equipment. They've already been through the guitar amp - the sounds not going to benefit from going through another one.

Guitar amps are designed for sound creation, hi fi equipment is designed for sound reproduction...they're two completely different things and have different requirements.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 16, 2008,
thank you very much for you response seagull

it makes a lotta sense. i really can control the sound quite a bit though the amp.

a speaker setup would have a line in audio that you could modify after but the computer amp combo esentuall makes the comp a pre amp?

i love it