Page 1 of 2
allright, so I'm out of school now, and a friend of mine called me up at about 8 pm and asked if i wanted to go jogging. I said, sure, where to? he said just along the fields.

Well, we were jogging, it was getting kinda cold, so we decided to go into the fields to have some protection from the wind (high grass and all), when we saw a stag. not an ordinary stag, mind you, but a white one, no 20 meters away from us.

he smells us, and bounds away, with 10 other deer or so behind him.

My friend and I are curious and wondering why there are white stags around this part, and decided we would try to catch him (3 wishes and all) just for fun.

We chased that herd of deer across fields, through forests and streams for 3 solid hours, until it was getting too dark to see. We then proceded to go to my friends house and watch the Return of the King and drink beer.

I just got home, am totally exhausted, exhilarated and am feeling a pretty strong rush.

this was the coolest, most epic evening out I've had in a long time.

what was your most awesome night out?

EDIT:

this is my friend, btw, at a middle-ages fair. believe it or not, he made the armor himself.

Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 15, 2008,
Quote by Gargantuan
Might I ask what a "Stag" is?

EDIT: Oh wait, is it a deer?

I googled it, it's a deer.
Quote by Timothym
You kept up with a stag for three hours?

Apparently not since he didn't catch it.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by Timothym

well yeah, he wasn't running the whole time. just bounding with his herd from one place to another, we'd catch up, they'd notice us and run away some more.

Quote by E Daws
Apparently not since he didn't catch it.

King Arthur was on Camelot's fastest horse when he was chasing the white stag, we were on foot.

for that i think we did pretty well.
wow... sounds like a completely awesome night...

did it ever occur to you to try contact with the opposite sex?
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Quote by Timothym

Its actually not hard, they can only run for a few seconds at a time before they have to stop or their heart explodes. Us humans on the other hand(in proper shape and all) can run for hours without stopping. Dunno what shape the TS is in, but if its in a wide open field...then he probably could have at least kept it in sight.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

you may have just started something
next time some says there bored someones going to say why dont you go stag chasing lol that awesome
Quote by Kensai
It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
I thought this was going to be some kid telling us how he smoked a joint and got to 3rd base with his girlfriend... but it was about running after a deer
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by darkfire_storm
wow... sounds like a completely awesome night...

did it ever occur to you to try contact with the opposite sex?

yeah, i did last night. try doing something new every now and then, you know?
Quote by Gargantuan
Might I ask what a "Stag" is?

Its Harry Potter's Patronis, duh!

I have some massive night stories, but I'm too tired to type them up ATM, maybe later.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
My friend and I are curious and wondering why there are white stags around this part, and decided we would try to catch him (3 wishes and all) just for fun.

Three wishes and all? What part of the country ( or which country ) are you in? Local legend? Something I have not heard of? Possibilities...
D & D player.
If you don't like it, okay.
Quote by ortrigger
your life must really suck if this is the most epic thing you've done in a while.

well, what's the most epic thing YOU'VE done in a while? got drunk? laid? played for hundreds of people? for me epic needs to be a little more out of the ordinary

Quote by dorian91
Three wishes and all? What part of the country ( or which country ) are you in? Local legend? Something I have not heard of? Possibilities...

northern germany, where beowulff is thought to have lived.
Quote by CoreysMonster
well, what's the most epic thing YOU'VE done in a while? got drunk? laid? played for hundreds of people? for me epic needs to be a little more out of the ordinary

well, i believe that getting drunk is just stupid and getting laid is not something i'm into at this point in life. imho, get married first. also imo, epic is something along the lines of the Led Zeppelin reunion or quite possibly the Journey concert that i'm going to next month.
Sweet.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by ortrigger
well, i believe that getting drunk is just stupid and getting laid is not something i'm into at this point in life. imho, get married first. also imo, epic is something along the lines of the Led Zeppelin reunion or quite possibly the Journey concert that i'm going to next month.

okay I admit that chasing a stag was nowhere near as epic as seeing Tool 2 years ago, but those are things that just don't happen every day. I guess it was a kind of you-had-to-be-there thing, and you also have to like doing those kind of stupid things.

oh, and you have to be a fan of middleaged legends

EDIT: oh, and kudos on the abstinence before marriage thing, takes a lot of guts to stay true to your beliefs that way.
Quote by crazygluedmybut
Stag-chasing.
Epic.

That, made me lol.
Been away, am back
Quote by Logz
That, made me lol.

logz, i don't know if you know this, but what exactly is your avatar saying?
Quote by CoreysMonster
okay I admit that chasing a stag was nowhere near as epic as seeing Tool 2 years ago, but those are things that just don't happen every day. I guess it was a kind of you-had-to-be-there thing, and you also have to like doing those kind of stupid things.

oh, and you have to be a fan of middleaged legends

EDIT: oh, and kudos on the abstinence before marriage thing, takes a lot of guts to stay true to your beliefs that way.

kudos, YES!!! i love kudos. i know what you mean about the "you-had-to-be-there" too. that's kinda how it was when i heard my first good tube amp. lame i know, but compared to the crappy SS tone i was used to, that Mesa about made me cream myself. another "you-had-to-be-there" moment.

oh, and w00t for the middle-aged legends.
Quote by ortrigger
kudos, YES!!! i love kudos. i know what you mean about the "you-had-to-be-there" too. that's kinda how it was when i heard my first good tube amp. lame i know, but compared to the crappy SS tone i was used to, that Mesa about made me cream myself. another "you-had-to-be-there" moment.

oh, and w00t for the middle-aged legends.

I know EXACTLY what you mean.

going from a SS fender practice amp 15 watts to a marshall DSL 40 tube amp was like angels coming from the sky
Quote by CoreysMonster
logz, i don't know if you know this, but what exactly is your avatar saying?

I dunno
At a guess, "Im warning you" or "Im watching you".

I've had this av for a couple of years now, and last time i changed it people to me to change it back.
Been away, am back
Quote by Logz
I dunno
At a guess, "Im warning you" or "Im watching you".

I've had this av for a couple of years now, and last time i changed it people to me to change it back.

look at his lips... it looks like "my pooper's poop" or summat
my most epic night was when i was at seaside for prom weekend, you know whats in seaside NJ? GUIDOS!

anyway some drunk guido kid started messing with my friend. my friend is a black belt in brazilian jui-jitsu. and well my friend kicked his ass without even throwing a punch. he took him down, got him in an armbar, and the guido kid begged for his arm. "PLEASE STOPPPPP!"

oh yea, and your stag thing sounded fun.
Quote by Graveworm
The whole muagy thai or whatever crap is just meh to me.
That's so sweet. Srsly. Sounds like something I'd do.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I made a plastic bear sculpture shoot a two foot flame out of its vagina, using wal-mart bought (modified) sparklers. I'm working on getting the video to DVD.
sounds like a good time
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Awesome. xD

All I did tonight was watch tv, hang out here in the pit and start laying out the scraps for my quilting project down in my basement. D:
I have 2 X Chromosomes
that means I'm a girl
wow. i didnt expect this.

that sounds like fun. and tell your friend that chain-mail is just sweet. and he should get a katana. so he can pull of the elf look too. (ima serious)
Guitars:
Mitchell MD-100SCE Acoustic/electric
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

my tube preamp project idea
Haha, that's cool.

You should have bitten it's neck and drank its blood. Then, you could become immortal, indestructible, master of waaa-aaaaar!
Dude......I'm so going to chase deer next time I'm in the mountains.

**** that, I'm going to chase MOUNTAIN LIONS!!!!! Who's being stalked now huh??!!!

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance