I have an old mini-strat body lying around, and me and my dad just routed it out for a humbucker today. However, when we were thinking of finishes, i thought of a neat idea:
glueing playing cards on the guitar and then putting clear coat ontop of them to secure them down onto the guitar. Anyone else seen this done? Anyone know if this will work? Thanks
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Quote by wshnationals
I have an old mini-strat body lying around, and me and my dad just routed it out for a humbucker today. However, when we were thinking of finishes, i thought of a neat idea:
glueing playing cards on the guitar and then putting clear coat ontop of them to secure them down onto the guitar. Anyone else seen this done? Anyone know if this will work? Thanks

You'd have to glue it firmly. You can get an idea of the process here: http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/mat.htm

Dude! Go for it. I say just super glue down the edges and fold it around and lots of clearcoat... like 5 layers... that'd be sick. That or scan a card in and make a decal of it (multiples I assume) on vinyl or something. They do it on ebay and I am sure you could find a printing house to do it or someone on ebay.