I'm thinking about building my own SG and i really love the feel of a good fender neck ( even over my Gibson SG neck ). So if i wanted to have a Gibson SG body and slap a Fender neck on it or would i have to build my own body so that the neck would fit properly.
Well the neck is not a bolt on on the SG, so I dont know how you would do that
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
you would have to build your own body.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
If you want a fender neck on a SG only way I know of is a warmoth. As a bolt neck fender is never going to fit in a set neck SG body. With the warmoth you could get a fender shape neck and scale but still have the SG headstock so it didnt look out of place.
just build one... that way you could spec it out exactly how you want...

or go warmoth... either way it'll cost you about the same for the first one... after that, the rest are a lot cheaper to build yourself.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
if you can make one im presuming its the actual neck you like so you could just make a sg headsotck on top of that
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Yeah i think thats the road im going to take and it is the neck not really the headstock that i preffer but Thanks i think i got myself a little summer project now
Fender SGocaster.

Sounds perfectly possible if you build a body for it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
just get yourself a copy gauge so you can make templates of how you want the neck shaped at the nut, fret 5, 9, 12, 15 and the heel... or any in between. then take a caliper, measure the thickness of each area and shape down to those dimensions with each position matching the template. Personally, I just go by what feels comfy in my hand
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
hmmm you'd have to make your own body. You can even customise it as you wish
Yeah thats what i tend to do and i loveeeeeeee my SG to death but i just cant help but like the neck of my Fender over its neck just need to get me some money for it and ill have me a badass guitar