i was bored so i just decided to do a little blues jam. dont be to hard, both tracks were improv with one take each. its in my profile, its called blues jam. i will Crit back. thanks
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
well, i guess people dont crit back these days. this is probably the 3rd time this has happened to me. i think that merits a god damn bump.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I mean its a blues jam you can only hear a blues jam so many times. You are doin what every starting guitarist has done for the history of time. Try venturing out from the standard blues scale and into something else and maintaining the timing that is where it gets interesting. blues scales are boring and so are the same basic chords try a minor seventh add 9 chords and stuff like that... Make your own and try different voicings it will be more interesting.
+1

sounds good imo man, but he's right i can only take so much blues
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by silentdud
I mean its a blues jam you can only hear a blues jam so many times. You are doin what every starting guitarist has done for the history of time. Try venturing out from the standard blues scale and into something else and maintaining the timing that is where it gets interesting. blues scales are boring and so are the same basic chords try a minor seventh add 9 chords and stuff like that... Make your own and try different voicings it will be more interesting.

did you listen to it?
i used mostly mixolydian scales, diminished scale, and a little bit of a minor beBop scale. . the chords I used were (i dont remember what key, i think Bb) Bb7, Bb13, Eb9, E dim, F9, and G9.
thanks for critting it though.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I'm impressed... I've probably heard those same licks hundreds of times (they're all pretty standard, I'm sure you know), but I certainly can't emulate them and you put them together quite well. The progression is nice, too... It's sweet and mellow, sort of lullabye-ish. I like it a lot.
flip
i love the strat tone, sounds pretty awesome. i'm still a huge fan of blues and can play it/listen to it all day. you should try to do more SRV stuff and start growing with your solo (overdrive/volume). You could probably use a little more bottom or mids to make your tone a little fatter. Also, i couldn't tell if you did or not, but you could probably pan your two guitars just a lil bit to each channel (left and right). It would help fill up the overall sound of your recording and make your solo more present. Nice job.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=886860
Quote by chea_man
did you listen to it?
i used mostly mixolydian scales, diminished scale, and a little bit of a minor beBop scale. . the chords I used were (i dont remember what key, i think Bb) Bb7, Bb13, Eb9, E dim, F9, and G9.
thanks for critting it though.

I listened to it it was just boring I thought. Bb7 and Eb9 E dim are really basic chords. I'm telling you that if you try more complex ones you will enjoy your own music more.
Last edited by silentdud at Jun 17, 2008,
Hmm...

I thought it was well done. Aside from lacking a real strong turnaround lick. A good turnaround can make a typical blues stand out IMO.

Wonderful tone.