I'm planning on buying an electric and proper equipment with it, thats where i need your help. I will probably play every kind of music, but the music i will play the most is emo-alternative-punk-hardcore because thats the music our bands thinking about playing. What I need to know is the best guitar(s) for the price (i'm not a billionare ya know) and the proper equipment to go along with it (pedals, humbuckers idk.) So please post a comment with a guitar equipment and dollar amounts thank you.
Maybe buy a starter pack if you're just starting out.

Whats your budget specifically?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
well i'm not just starting out, i've been playing acoustic for a year i took lessons for a lil bit but i play alot, and then our drummer has a guitar that i play when we practice, i'm thinking 300 and under for the guitar... idk about the equipment.
Well a rule of thumb, spend as much or MORE on your equipment/amp than your guitar.

would it be for actual band practices and such?

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
yea, i mean our drummer is really good, he's been playing forever and our lead guitarist is a good guitarist but he plays a lot of classic rock so the riffs and stuff he makes up kinda have that vibe.
I'm suggesting a Squire Stratocaster or Telecaster for you then. Great for classic rock riffing, though very versatile. An Epiphone SG or Les Paul may also be for you.

And as for your amp... Try the Roland Microcube. Then the only pedal you'll need is wah.
For that, Dunlop Crybaby Classic.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
I'm suggesting a Squire Stratocaster or Telecaster for you then. Great for classic rock riffing, though very versatile. An Epiphone SG or Les Paul may also be for you.

And as for your amp... Try the Roland Microcube. Then the only pedal you'll need is wah.
For that, Dunlop Crybaby Classic.

This would be perfect for you.

I would suggest the SG.

EDIT: if you'll be playing with a band, get a bigger cube, 30x or 60.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Well a rule of thumb, spend as much or MORE on your equipment/amp than your guitar.

I don't want to hijack this guy's thread, but I'm not quite sure about this. I mean yeah, a nice guitar with **** equipment will get you no where...but, that depends on where you play. I mean if you live in an apartment or something, I wouldn't recommend getting a head and a cabinet...I'd just go for a combo; and you can get a nice combo for around five or six hundred or so, so you're telling me if that's all you're going to play you should spend no more than 600 or so on a guitar?

EDIT: to answer the guy's question if you want a cheap guitar that's good I'd go Schecter and a Marshall amp.
Last edited by <3 Herman <3 at Jun 15, 2008,
Quote by MakeItWitChu
This would be perfect for you.

I would suggest the SG.

I have personal experience with all of these but the Les Paul, all the Pauls I play are Gibson.

I personally own an SG, if you get one, go for the G400. The pickups are WONDERFUL for a standard guitar. I'm not a fan of the bridge pickup, but the neck pickup will never be changed in my SG.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by <3 Herman <3
I don't want to hijack this guy's thread, but I'm not quite sure about this. I mean yeah, a nice guitar with **** equipment will get you no where...but, that depends on where you play. I mean if you live in an apartment or something, I wouldn't recommend getting a head and a cabinet...I'd just go for a combo; and you can get a nice combo for around five or six hundred or so, so you're telling me if that's all you're going to play you should spend no more than 600 or so on a guitar?

Well bigger isnt always better.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Quote by <3 Herman <3
EDIT: to answer the guy's question if you want a cheap guitar that's good I'd go Schecter and a Marshall amp.

I don't know what you're thinking, but Schecter's aren't cheap. Especially the good ones.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Well bigger isnt always better.

You didn't answer my question, all I'm saying is ditch that rule.
Quote by <3 Herman <3
You didn't answer my question, all I'm saying is ditch that rule.

Well its not really a literal rule, all i'm saying is focus more on getting a better amp than getting the best guitar,

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
I got a qustion:
I want to upgrade form my beginer squier guitar. someone recomended a schecter. i either wana get a schecter damion fr, C-1 fr, or the epiphone custom LP silverburst. i play all genres of music. can i get a little advice? please?
Quote by dzguitardude
I got a qustion:
I want to upgrade form my beginer squier guitar. someone recomended a schecter. i either wana get a schecter damion fr, C-1 fr, or the epiphone custom LP silverburst. i play all genres of music. can i get a little advice? please?

Schecter guitars are generally for very heavy riffing, with high-speed and high-pitched soloing. I'd recommend the Epiphone Les Paul Silverburst, of all the ones you said you liked, because they are far more versatile.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened