So i've been playing guitar for about a year with a ****ty epiphone guitar and I am thinking about getting a new guitar. I am really into a lot of hendrix and frusciante stuff right now so i was thinking of getting a highway one strat with all single coils. Would this be a good choice?
What's your amp?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Oh, alright.

What's your budget exactly?
Just play around to see which one you like.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Oh, alright.

What's your budget exactly?
Just play around to see which one you like.

you were expecting to have a spider/mg/crappy SS crate weren't you?
lol i know i was
a strat seems like a good choice to me.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
The HWY One Strat is an awesome guitar. I have a HSS one myself.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Yeaah thatll be a really nice set up. My music teacher has a HWY1 strat that hes modded (new bridge and pickups) and its excellent. As good as if not better than some American standard strats ive played.
Fender guitar + Fender amp on clean = tastyy
i have an sss highway one and really enjoy it

What are the downsides of a single wide humbucker? how hard would it be to switch it?

why is the hw1 not considered a standard (the finish)?
are all hw1's wood finished in a gloss coat?
this should really be over in Electric Guitar

single sized HBs are about 1/2 the way between single coil and full HB.

Info on finish and other specs:
http://www.fender.com/products//view_specs.php?full_partno=0111760&name=Highway+One%26trade%3B+Stratocaster%26reg%3B+HSS+%28Upgrade%29
I've got a Fender Highway One Telecaster and I think its great. I prefer the finish to the Standards as well.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
are you in the US or europe? if europe, there are better value options...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Single sized humbuckers are the same tonally as a full sized HB.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?