I hope everyone can bare with me some, I am new to this. However, I've researched tons of information over the last 3 months. I know selection and price are very limited at the lower section for left handers. I was looking at a few models and wanted input from some people more knowledgable than me that might suit my needs.

I have no musical experience or talent and I just felt inspired to try and learn and broaden my horizons. I mostly into rock and alternative music. However, I love some classics too.

I've mostly been looking at used Fender Mexican Lefty Strat and new Epiphone LP-100's. Could anyone suggest any other models in that 150-300$ range? I've heard the Squier's and i'm not fond of them. Also suggestions on matching amps would be wonderful too. I've heard Roland Micro Cubes are great from a few places.

Thanks a ton.
While I can't recommend another model, i would say that either of those two choices would be a great choice. Fender's and Epi's are both quality guitars. As for an amp, i would just go to your local music store and test out some 15-30watt amps and see what you like. But i do believe that fender makes a pretty nice 15 watt beginner amp if you are interested. not exactly sure on the price of that, but it would be no more that 100 at most.
hope that helps some
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
I'll hazard you against purchasing an Epiphone at that price point. They are extremely difficult to keep in tune. I own a Fender MIM Telecaster and it's golden! I recommend the Fender MIMs if you're staying in the lower price point.

And yes, Micro Cubes are great!
BASSES

Yamaha RBX270L Custom Fretless
Traben Tribal Sun 5 L
Fender Custom Jazz Bass L

EFFECTS

BOSS DD-7
BOSS OC-3
BOSS RC-2
BOSS TU-2
Tech 21 Sans Amp Bass Driver DI

AMP

Yorkville XM200 Combo
to be honest i dont see why you should get a lefty guitar even if you are left handed

i am left handed and i play righty

its better because you have a stronger fretting hand than strumming hand so either way its a win win situation

plus righty guitars are cheaper, more common, andits easier in the long run

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
to be honest i dont see why you should get a lefty guitar even if you are left handed

i am left handed and i play righty

its better because you have a stronger fretting hand than strumming hand so either way its a win win situation

plus righty guitars are cheaper, more common, andits easier in the long run

To be honest....I feel as though that I'm left handed and should therefore use a left handed guitar because I"m predominately lefty. However, from initial thinking my left hand might feel more comfortable on the fretboard instead of strumming.
if thats the case, you should probably try out both and decide whichever feels more comfortable. That is key.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
It may do you good to post in the gear/equipment recommendation sticky at the top of this forum.
Quote by MrInspired
To be honest....I feel as though that I'm left handed and should therefore use a left handed guitar because I"m predominately lefty. However, from initial thinking my left hand might feel more comfortable on the fretboard instead of strumming.

Trust me, as a lefty, it is worth it to try out right-handed and give it a shot. If it weren't for part of a missing digit on my left hand I would play right handed - even though I'm left handed naturally. The choices are horrible for lefty's in terms of gear, and then they gouge you on the prices to boot.