hey im looking to buy a new amp i currently have a drive 30 watt but it sucks, i was looking into a line six spider 3 30 watt or the marshall 30 what . which one is better? or are there any other amps out there that are good.
I wouldn't buy a Line 6 amp if I were you, their pedals are a different story, how much are you looking to spend?
i am looking to spend no more than 250 but if there is an amp tht costs more and is realy worth it then i wont mind paying more.
Neither.

There's a ton of "amps out there that are good", but what's the most amount of money you could spend? What kind of music do you play?
Few questions:

What style of music do you like to play?

Where do you intend on playing?

Do you plan on playing with a band, or do you intend on trying to keep up with a drummer?

How old are you? (note if you're over 16 or so you're going to want an amp that will last you a few years and one you can grow into)
If its a Marshall MG I would stay away from that too.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
What kind of music do you play? And will you be using the amp at home or for gigging too? I would advise not to buy the Spider III, there are many people that hate them because of their sound being too "digital." I could never get a good sound out of one either.

Also, here's a tip: Just because it says Marshall on it doesn't always mean it's good. (assuming the 30 watt Marshall is the MG30DFX)
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
ok well im 14 i have been playing for more then a year. i play hard rock and metal ill spend 300 if i have too and i have a washburn x series pro but im going to get a dean. I intend on getting a lil better and then going into a band. I just want an amp for home tho because if i join a band i would get a bigger amp
Quote by gunner224
ok well im 14 i have been playing for more then a year. i play hard rock and metal ill spend 300 if i have too and i have a washburn x series pro but im going to get a dean. I intend on getting a lil better and then going into a band. I just want an amp for home tho because if i join a band i would get a bigger amp

I'd try out a Roland Cube 30, a Fender Super Champ, and a Vox Valvetronix, and see which you like best. The Cube's got more gain than other 2, the Valvetronix is better for hard/ classic rock. The Super Champ's a different animal, it's all- tube but has different amp models that make it decent for metal, but more versatile than the other 2, as well.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM?sku=487032
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-SuperChamp-XD-120V-Guitar-Combo?sku=483075
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959
VOX VALVESTATE 30 watt. my friend has it. i've played it and it's a really good amp for the money. pretty versatile too.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack