So if I were to purchase the ENGL Blackmore, what cab would best compliment it? I want something that'll give it a nice, tight bottom-end. Well, just all around good for metal and sorts.

I prefer the 2x12's thanks.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
First off, I hate you and your money.

Something with V30's I suppose... price range?

I have a feeling I won't be getting it for a while, though.

I was thinking about getting something with V30's, but I'm absolutely clueless when it comes down to cabs and speakers.

I really don't want to spend too much on the cab, although the cab is very important. Let's just say...I don't want to spend too much, but I don't want too little to the point where I'm purchasing some mg cab or something.

err...400 USD or so...

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Aren't Avatar cabs really...ehh quality?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
you can pick up an avatar g212h with some celestion g12t-75

(gotta love the annoying names for each one)
how much is a thd or bogner 2x12?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, everyone I've heard in most other threads like this say Avatar cabs...

OFF TOPIC, FOO'!!: What I don't get is when did Ritchie Blackmore turn metal and use metal amps?

Last time I knew he changed styles is when he went to Blackmore's Night...

Oh well!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker

OFF TOPIC, FOO'!!: What I don't get is when did Ritchie Blackmore turn metal and use metal amps?

Oh well!

Blackmore is basically the uncredited founder of metal... he was also pretty metal in "Rainbow" with Dio.

supposedly now he plays mostly Classical Guitar.

What kind of metal do you play? what tunings do you play in? etc.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Vader VC212BK - $399

Perfect!
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You should be able to find a decent used cab in your range, look into:

Bogner 2x12
Splawn Over-Size 2x12
Mako 2x12
Mesa Recto 2x12
VHT Fat-Bottom 2x12

You could also go with the Vader as well, it's in your price range new.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Dave_Mc
how much is a thd or bogner 2x12?

I'm not sure. I think I saw a bogner 2x12 cab somewhere, and it was priced at around 600 USD. Aren't bogner cabs filled with greenbacks, though?

Quote by bootyguard
Blackmore is basically the uncredited founder of metal... he was also pretty metal in "Rainbow" with Dio.

supposedly now he plays mostly Classical Guitar.

What kind of metal do you play? what tunings do you play in? etc.

You know, that's funny! I had no clue.

I play 80's metal, a tad bit of thrash, modern metal, and a bit of hardcore stuff. I don't do "death metal".

I usually play in standard or drop D tuning. At most, I probably play in D standard.

Thing about ordering cabs online--i'm not how much it's going to be to ship that 70 pound lug to hawaii.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Lil Macker

Oh well!

When i first started looking at Engls I bypassed the Blackmore for close to the same reasons. I wasnt looking for a rock amp or anything even close to Deep Purples tone i wanted heavy modern metal tone. So after a little more research I hit up some blackmore clips and to my surprise the thing was a metal beast... After that i started looking at everythhing a manufacture had to offer and not just skimming over stuff and only looking at what i thought would be a metal amp.
Quote by Jinskee
I'm not sure. I think I saw a bogner 2x12 cab somewhere, and it was priced at around 600 USD. Aren't bogner cabs filled with greenbacks, though?

You know, that's funny! I had no clue.

I play 80's metal, a tad bit of thrash, modern metal, and a bit of hardcore stuff. I don't do "death metal".

I usually play in standard or drop D tuning. At most, I probably play in D standard.

Thing about ordering cabs online--i'm not how much it's going to be to ship that 70 pound lug to hawaii.

i'd definitely be considering the blackmore for the stuff you play.

i thought some bogner cabs had v30s? i thought the one i tried had, anyway (but could be wrong).

postage will be the killer most likely... i'm guessing it's a similar thing in hawaii to northern ireland, where they say "free UK postage", then in the small print it says "excludes northern ireland"... when in fact it's actually wrong to call it the UK and exclude northern ireland... the UK minus northern ireland is great britain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'd also look into the cabs matrix claw is suggesting. I haven't tried all (if any) of those, but he normally knows his stuff.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'll definitely be checking them out, thanks.

And yeah, I know what you mean, Dave.

FREE SHIPPING

(excluding alaska and hawaii) D:<

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
indeed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
GOLLY!!

My friend called Dan's (the guitar store we shop at) for me, and he got a price estimate for the engl blackmore! He said that I can get the head for 1,495 USD.

And I just realized how much money that really is. Perhaps I'll purchase the cab a bit after I purchase the head. Question, it IS possible for me to hook up the cab to my orange rocker 30, right? How would I do that?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
GOLLY!!

My friend called Dan's (the guitar store we shop at) for me, and he got a price estimate for the engl blackmore! He said that I can get the head for 1,495 USD.

And I just realized how much money that really is. Perhaps I'll purchase the cab a bit after I purchase the head. Question, it IS possible for me to hook up the cab to my orange rocker 30, right? How would I do that?

There should be a cable running from the amp to the speaker... disconnect it, match the appropriate ohms and whatnot to the head.
A avatar cab would be nice loaded with v30s
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
the v30 is only ok for 60 watts, so you'd need to keep the blackmore turned down low. it should work, though when i was in your situation i chickened out and just waited for my cab to come...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You culd run it on the Rocker cab, but I wouldn'r want to risk blowing out that Vintage 30 really.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Dave_Mc
the v30 is only ok for 60 watts, so you'd need to keep the blackmore turned down low. it should work, though when i was in your situation i chickened out and just waited for my cab to come...

Quote by Gabel
You culd run it on the Rocker cab, but I wouldn'r want to risk blowing out that Vintage 30 really.

I guess I'll have to wait for the cab.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
You can get an Emperor for $450. Theyre the balls.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Hawaii? Dude, look me up, I wanna try that Head

But seriously, try some avatar heads. I've heard they are the most versatile cabs.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
look at vader and mesa. i just picked up a mesa recto 212 for 405 off ebay. ill let you know how it is if you p.m. me in like 2 weeks haha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Just from what I've heard about the Blackmore *haven't had a chance to play the beaut * something with V60's really brings out the best in it.

I was looking into snagging one for a long time, got a VHT instead, but just from what people have told me V30's can kind of sound harsh with since it's already a pretty mid heavy amp. Some like it, some hate it, just one of those things I suppose...

I'd wait until I got the amp first, then take it somewhere to test out with cabs.

I've also heard ENGL's pair very well with ENGL cabs

Best of luck man! It's a sexy amp.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by CodySG
Just from what I've heard about the Blackmore *haven't had a chance to play the beaut * something with V60's really brings out the best in it.

I was looking into snagging one for a long time, got a VHT instead, but just from what people have told me V30's can kind of sound harsh with since it's already a pretty mid heavy amp. Some like it, some hate it, just one of those things I suppose...

I'd wait until I got the amp first, then take it somewhere to test out with cabs.

I've also heard ENGL's pair very well with ENGL cabs

Best of luck man! It's a sexy amp.

Sounds like a good idea And thanks man!

Quote by wolfy808
Hawaii? Dude, look me up, I wanna try that Head

But seriously, try some avatar heads. I've heard they are the most versatile cabs.

Where do you reside?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I would look for a used Marshall 1936 2x12, Orange 2x12 or Mesa 2x12.

I love the Blackmore. I would get that or a Fireball.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION