Can anyone tell/show me the difference a graphic (or whatever, i don't know to much about this stuff yet.) equalizer or sound editing will make if used right?

thanks
There is no 'right' way to use an equalizer, it all depends on the context in which it is used.

In it's most simple form, an EQ can be used to make a sound brighter, darker, thinner, harsher, etc.
Quote by MrPillow
There is no 'right' way to use an equalizer, it all depends on the context in which it is used.

In it's most simple form, an EQ can be used to make a sound brighter, darker, thinner, harsher, etc.

I mean in the way you want it to sound. i could go up to one and do random **** and it would probably sound pretty bad but if i knew what i was doing i could make it sound the way i want.
It's fairly simple in the way it works...

Want more bass? Boost something in the lower freqs. Want more treble? Boost the higher freqs.

Like I said, exactly what to boost and cut is entirely dependant on the context.
Ideally though, you'd want to cut, rather than boost frequencies, as it's more accurate to take away something than add something that doesn't really exist.

http://www.tweakheadz.com/EQ_and_the_Limits_of_Audio.html
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101