Page 1 of 2
To me it's among the worst genres I've had the displeasure of listening to...Not to cling on to music scholars, Metal media, and critics in general...But virtually none of these bands would ever be considered amongst the greatest when stacked up to other bands. For me it alot of it is just generic and dull...It's garbage imo

And as for the guitarists are concerned - I'll listen to solos and riffs from Slash, Joe Satriani, Jimmy Page, Eric Johnson, Eric Clapton, etc. and it'll lift my soul..Then I'll listen to a significant chunk of material from say Yngwie Malmsteen and it'll leave me cold
I don't like this kind of music
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I love Neo-Classical.

Therefore your opinion is void.
Have a good day.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I like neo-classical elements incorporated into metal, like the album Follow the Reaper by Children of Bodom.
Quote by valennic
I love Neo-Classical.

Therefore your opinion is void.
Have a good day.

I'm not saying my opinion is better than yours, it's just something that I've been meaning to get off my chest
Quote by guitarnoob456
I'm not saying my opinion is better than yours, it's just something that I've been meaning to get off my chest

I don't think anyone cares that you don't like Neo-Classical.
Quote by guitarnoob456

Never said it was either.

But get it off your chest somewhere else por favor.

Namely the Metal forum.

EDIT:
Quote by shadesofanger
I don't think anyone cares that you don't like Neo-Classical.

I dont think anyone cares much that you DO.

So what's your point?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

ok TS personally I think you are wrong neoclassical is great, malmsteen is amazing, and randy rhoads was influenced by classical music.
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
what other straight neoclassical metal is there, besides yngwie? i think yngwie is pretty cool, but i prefer neoclassical-influenced metal like on follow the reaper, as InvaderTSN said
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I like it but only when it is presented correctly, like I can barely stand Yngwie with his studio material, but when he plays live with an orchestra it just sends chills down my spine it's so epic.
what is neoclassical? in reviews and crap, people always call Muhammed Suicmez neoclassical, is that right?
Quote by punkmetalA7X91
ok TS personally I think you are wrong neoclassical is great, malmsteen is amazing, and randy rhoads was influenced by classical music.

But he didn't play neo-classical metal though, if you compare rhoad's best work to malmsteen's best work then I'd prefer rhoads
Quote by valennic

Namely the Metal forum.

EDIT:

So what's your point?

+1 pit is less for music. neoclassical METAL
Quote by guitarnoob456
But he didn't play neo-classical metal though, if you compare rhoad's best work to malmsteen's best work then I'd prefer rhoads

EDIT: now your comparing two different styles then.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by frottage
what is neoclassical? in reviews and crap, people always call Muhammed Suicmez neoclassical, is that right?

Neo-Classical in its own is a new form of classical music, but metal artists often incorporate elements of the genre into their playing.

Muhammed Suicimez isnt neoclassical, but he's still one hell of a guitarist.

EDIT:
Quote by guitarnoob456

Your name is very, very true you know.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

well if theres a solo with some neoclassical in it
its okay but if all you do is neo classical it gets boring after a while so i see what you mean but yea i hate slash he garbage
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
ehhh, it depends.

I really don't like ywngiewqerqwerqwer's music. I'm trying to remember if theres other neo-classical that I do like.
Quote by theocao
its okay but if all you do is neo classical it gets boring after a while so i see what you mean but yea i hate slash he garbage

Ooh, rebel

No one cares.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

neo-classical can go either way for me. i really dislike the way people label something as neo-classical as soon as they hear leading tones, and it happens all the time (see: yngwie). remember that classical-anything should be an extension, as an homage, to the classical ideas of our romantic grandfathers born centuries ago. these ideas should include classical progressions and harmonies, themes and motifs, and other theories, not a single raised note. it's really hard to find bands that do this well, but when neo-classical is done well, i can't think of a better style of music
neo classical guitarists are the best technical guitarists in the world and fastest...so you have to have some respect because they could ram so many notes up your as$ that you could lick 'em clean, but i love neoclassical
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
Quote by theocao

lmao he's one of the greatest of all time how on earth could you say he's garbage?
Quote by valennic

Namely the Metal forum.

EDIT:

So what's your point?

I don't care that no one cares what I think.

That is all I really had to say. I don't think anyone would care if he doesn't like it. I am fine with him not liking it, but he didn't have to create a new thread telling everyone he doesn't like it. I also agree he takes his concern to the metal forum.
Quote by guitarnoob456
lmao he's one of the greatest of all time how on earth could you say he's garbage?

he's not neoclassical either
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
Quote by guitarnoob456

Its called an opinion. People have them.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by operation ktulu
neo classical guitarists are the best technical guitarists in the world and fastest...so you have to have some respect because they could ram so many notes up your as$ that you could lick 'em clean, but i love neoclassical

But that doesn't make a good guitarist at all. I respect their practice that they put into the guitar but you can be a fast guitar player (see dragonforce's lead guitarist) and really not be all that great at all
Quote by guitarnoob456

He's not garbage, but he's certainly not one of the greatest anything of all time.
Quote by SpelChek
I like the occasional Yngwei and especially Jason Becker.

Actually yeah the only neo-classical metal guitarist that I enjoy is Jason Becker...That guy was amazing
Quote by InvaderTSN
I like neo-classical elements incorporated into metal, like the album Follow the Reaper by Children of Bodom.

Or most anything they wrote up to that album.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by synpet713192
He's not garbage, but he's certainly not one of the greatest anything of all time.

But he's writen timeless solos and amazing guitar riffs, and is versatile in multiple genres, what more would you want?
Quote by guitarnoob456
But that doesn't make a good guitarist at all. I respect their practice that they put into the guitar but you can be a fast guitar player (see dragonforce's lead guitarist) and really not be all that great at all

Herman Ri may be fast but he isn't as clean as other fast guitarists.

He may be better guitar player if he isn't drunk when he plays.
Quote by guitarnoob456
But he's writen timeless solos and amazing guitar riffs, and is versatile in multiple genres, what more would you want?

Yeah, but he's not the best.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Meh, 99% of the time its boring, and only takes inspiration from a small fraction of classical music, although there are some bands who do it right like Spawn of Possession.
Quote by valennic
Yeah, but he's not the best.

There is no single "best" guitarist. But unarguably one of the best
Quote by guitarnoob456
There is no single "best" guitarist. But unarguably one of the best

*cough* Izzy was better. *cough*
Quote by guitarnoob456

Give an example of him being truly multi-genre versatile and then we'll see. As for his timeless solos, I find them boring, and I've never really cared for riff rock.

If you want an example of what I want to see in guitar work, go listen through the entirety of Between the Buried and Me's "Colors." Paul Waggoner and Dustie Waring are what I would call versatile and amazing and timeless. And they do occasionally delve into neoclassicism (though not SO much).
That's just me, though.

EDIT:
Quote by diminishedtobme
Meh, 99% of the time its boring, and only takes inspiration from a small fraction of classical music, although there are some bands who do it right like Spawn of Possession.

YES! They are fucking ridiculous.
Page 1 of 2