Has anyone used, or does anyone own the tom delonge epiphone guitar?

I really want to get one and obviously don't have 3 grand sitting around to purchase the gibson model but i wanna know the differences other than the obvious one, it not being a gibson. I know it has the same wood, comes with the dirty fingers pickup and the difference i know of is it has a gloss finish to it instead of a flat finish.

and also does it come with the epiphone case?
sorry all i know is that tom delonge is a total prick
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
sorry all i know is that tom delonge is a total prick

true that! He sucks worse live than in the studio... its horrible

why would you get a sig. series.. just get an epiphone and make it your own.. you'll never make it big if you use someone else's signiture gear... it's lame as hell..
I'm pretty sure it comes with a case
and I think the neck wood is different
but that obviously doesn't knock off a thousand dollars,
so idk what else is different
Quote by FightinIrishPJ

why would you get a sig. series.. just get an epiphone and make it your own.. you'll never make it big if you use someone else's signiture gear... it's lame as hell..

im not buying to to make it big with a tom delonge guitar, im buying it for a studio guitar, but thanks.
^Haha, then I'm sure you can get MANY better choices dude.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ

If it has all the features he wants, then why not get it? Not buying a guitar just because it is associated with another player is incredibly lame.

Also, Pete Townshend plays a Clapton strat live.
John Mayer plays an SRV and Hendrix Monterey Pop strat.
One of the guys from Behemoth plays the Micheal Ammott V. (I think)
How many people use EVH's 5150 amp?
If you want to count the Les Paul as a sig guitar, well....
^But those guitarists were AMAZING! ...Tom sucks.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit

...tom=emo prick whos latest band sucks
blink was okay
angels SUCK
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by elekguit

+suchahighnumberthattheworldimplodes

But, this is no place to flame Tom...
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
+suchahighnumberthattheworldimplodes

But, this is no place to flame Tom...

dude

EVERY place is a place to flame tom lol
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Who knows, maybe the guitar is good guys. I mean mah Hello Kitty Squire is BROOTALZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by colin617

John Mayer plays an SRV

In all fairness Mayer spends all night masturbating in a corner fantasizing that he's SRV, then he cries himself to sleep because he'll never be as good.
Quote by <3 Herman <3
In all fairness Mayer spends all night masturbating in a corner fantasizing that he's SRV, then he cries himself to sleep because he'll never be as good.

that was entirely unnecessary.
Quote by <3 Herman <3
I'm just sayin...

This is not the place for those kinds of opinions. If you want to talk about Mayer, SRV, whoever, then take it the bands and artists forums. The kid just wanted an opinion about a guitar, not some regurgitated opinion about Mayer.

And in fairness, SRV lived wanting to be half as great as Albert Collins. Its blues...it all gets recycled and borrowed.

So this isn't useless. Go play the guitar. Dirty Fingers are a pickup you will either love or hate.
To answer the TS's questions...

The largest differences are going to be wood quality and over construction. It may be the same wood, but it doesn't mean it's anywhere close to being the same grade. And yes it does come with a case.

Having said that, the guitar is overpriced. Knowing that, if you go into a store with your facts straight and you show a salesperson that you're not some mindless fanboy you may be able to get a large chunk knocked off the price tag. Under no circumstance pay sticker price!