well i made my own rr24/ alexi hybrid v this year, only took me like 5 months and its finally finished. It took me forever, but its worth it. I put an Emg 89 dual humbucker, a licensed single locking glod floyd rose and gold hardware on it. The body is 16 year old Indonisan red mahagony with beech stripes. here it is:

there it is when i first started it:

half way through it:

finished product(without strings):

I know im not the first to do this, but what do you guys think? if yuou made one too, i'd love to see yours =]
why would you cover up that pretty wood.... whats the point of putting different colored woods and laminating them if your going to spray over it? bummer dude

it looks good though, evertything looks about right, i would get a real OFR. i mean if you built it, and spent your hard hours working on it, i would atleast give it a bridge that functions as a tremolo. the gotoh floyd rose is my personal fav.
oh my god, when i'm older i hope i will have the resources to do this kinda stuff, looks like awesome fun
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Luckily I have a Charvel Avenger body laying around, I want to paint it badly lol.
Quote by LP Addict
why would you cover up that pretty wood.... whats the point of putting different colored woods and laminating them if your going to spray over it? bummer dude

it looks good though, evertything looks about right, i would get a real OFR. i mean if you built it, and spent your hard hours working on it, i would atleast give it a bridge that functions as a tremolo. the gotoh floyd rose is my personal fav.

i didnt paint it it or cover it up, i stained it, the picture doesnt do it justice, you can see the grain and the beech and the edges are brighter than the body.
Oh and i dont have the cash for an OFR :/
Quote by 24fRETSoFfURY
Cool, how does it play?
Any chance of some better pics?

yeah it plays, i'll take better pics tomorrow and post them up.
looks awesome dude.

I'm making something similar for my final design project for school, would you happen to have the measurements for the body?
Quote by sdcloud69
looks awesome dude.

I'm making something similar for my final design project for school, would you happen to have the measurements for the body?

yeah, but not on me right now. I got the plan for $15 on guitarplansunlimited.com

i'll pick up the plans from school later this week, i'll let you know once i get them.