OKay.. So... Im trying to figure out what kind of guitar I should use for my style of guitar playing. I want a guitar thats clean and sounds good with effects.
I play a lot of "classic" rock like Boston, Journey, The Crue, Poison, AC/DC.... Band like that. I also play some new "punk-ish" stuff. I just wanna know a good setup that will give me the results im looking for. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it.

PCE
-GuitarMozis
"Bleed in your own light, Dream of your own life, I miss me, I miss everything...I'll never be"
well you didnt give us a budget sooooo maybe go for a les paul?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Les paul all the way for any Boston or journey
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
les paul or sg
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
well if you want a relatively cheap guitar with an all around sound ... get a strat
a nice epiphone sg should fit ur needs the best. I wouldnt reccomend the les paul simply because ive tried them b4 and they dont work as well for punk music as well as the sg does
as for an amp, i am tempted to say a line 6 simply because it shold be essy to dial in a classic rock preset tone on it and it should help u get a good punk sound as well. however, most ppl will tell u that line 6's are crap, which is true for some points about it
EDIT: nix the amp comments i misread the original question. my bad
You can get a nice Les Paul for about 1200 or so, and that'll do everything you described.
for the bands listed

You NEED an LP

and a Cranked marshall plexi BUT a ceriatone 18w would to the trick
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era