So I have an Ibanez RG120, and the other day, it just randomly stopped working. Both the pick-ups are fine, and I looked at the wiring and didn't see anything that looked disconnected or anything [not that I know anything about electronics or anything].

I guess my question has anyone else had a similar experience with this gutiar or any guitar, and if so, what was wrong? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
Have you tried it through a different cable and amp? The problem might be one of those two, or an effects pedal.
Yeah, I checked with three other amps and two other cables, and nothing. I don't have any effects in the loop right now.
Quote by silverandsilent
Check to see if one of the solder connections came loose in the guitar output jack.

Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't check there. I just though, and it looks like everything is connected properly... hmm. thanks to everyone who has replied.
Quote by silverandsilent
How long have you had the guitar? Also, have you brought it with you or dropped it recently?

I've had it since August 2006. It was never really transported to anyplace but the recording studio and live shows, and when we weren't doing that, it was at the jam spot where my band meets. It did get bumped and whatnot, but nothing compared to my oldest guitar, which I treat like a POS. lol
Well lol, I think that your going to have to take it into a shop to see what's wrong with it, hopefully its something that will be cheap to fix. If you take it in and somebody still can't figure it out you can always:

1 Sell it on ebay, it someone else's problem now
2 Set it on fire on stage and then smash it
3 Blame somebody else for breaking it and try to get them to pay you

Don't worry though, I sure that if you take it in it can be fixed... The only thing to worry about is the cost, it might not be worth it. Tell me how it goes though, I'm curious lol.
Quote by silverandsilent
Well lol, I think that your going to have to take it into a shop to see what's wrong with it, hopefully its something that will be cheap to fix. If you take it in and somebody still can't figure it out you can always:

1 Sell it on ebay, it someone else's problem now
2 Set it on fire on stage and then smash it
3 Blame somebody else for breaking it and try to get them to pay you

Don't worry though, I sure that if you take it in it can be fixed... The only thing to worry about is the cost, it might not be worth it. Tell me how it goes though, I'm curious lol.

lol all excellent suggestions.
I only know of one guy who I can take it into, and he's wanting to charge me $30 just to look at it, so I'm thinking it may be a lost cause. Quite a shame, this guitar was really good to me, right up until that whole dying part. lol

I'll be sure to let you know how things go.
That happened to me with a guitar, it turned out to be a huge build-up of crud in the toggle switch, so give that a check.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by Friendly Stoat
That happened to me with a guitar, it turned out to be a huge build-up of crud in the toggle switch, so give that a check.

I'll check that out, thanks!