i was just wondering which do you guys think woul be better for me.
i play anything from 3 days grace to cannable corpse.
but mostly metalcore/hardcore stuff.

what do you guys think?
a mesa dual rectifier or a peavey 6505+

what are the pros/cons to both?
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
I believe the Mesa will have better cleans but some people describe the distortion as very fizzy, and obviously do not like it for that.

The Peavey has dismal cleans, if you got that investing in a EQ and a Chorus pedal would be good idea.
Are you comparing a 2 channel or 3 channel dual rectifier?

If it's a 2 channel, the clean, gain, leads, rhythms, durability, quality, flexibility, reliability, and overall sound will be better than the peavey.

The newer 3 channel rectos sound very similar, yet they don't feel the same, much mushier.

As far as Peavey's pros, they have a brighter tone, if thats what you prefer, the price is much lower, a new XXX is the same as a used recto, if not much cheaper. XXX's are avaliable in many places, you can only find rectos in person at a Mesa authorized dealer or on ebay/craigslist.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i hear that the peavey has a tighter sound than the mesa but i'm not sure, having only played the one.
also the cleans are not THAT bad, granted not awesome, but seriously, who really buys a 6505 for the cleans?
lol

also price is an issue
in some shops up here theres a difference of over £500 between the 6505 and a rectifier
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
i hear that the peavey has a tighter sound than the mesa but i'm not sure, having only played the one.
also the cleans are not THAT bad, granted not awesome, but seriously, who really buys a 6505 for the cleans?

Peaveys do have quite a bit of a tighter sound but they are very different. Peavey has more of that marshall sound, which has a quicker attack than the "mesa sound" due to a stronger upper register. With an overdrive Mesa's are great amps, 10x tighter.

The cleans aren't the worst, better than the Valveking, but when you're entering the $1,000+ range good cleans should be more of an expectation.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
yah i heard that about the OD and mesa

here, the 6505 is still one of the cheapest and probably best heads around for under the £1,000 mark
(i dunno what that is in dollars)

just about everything apart from marshall and peavey is over the £1,000 mark
except maybe the engl fireball i think it was...
Top lel.
Mesa.
When EQ'd right, sounds great. Very versatile. Good gigging amp.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
Mesa.
When EQ'd right, sounds great. Very versatile. Good gigging amp.

You can say exactly the same about the peavey, except for the versatility.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
You can say exactly the same about the peavey, except for the versatility.

True.
I've found (This may just be me too..) that the Peavey is fuzzy. Besides, I'm biased as I'm not a real Peavey fan.
^did you perhaps play it on a G12T75 speaker cab?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
^did you perhaps play it on a G12T75 speaker cab?

Not sure on the speakers. But like I said, I'm not a Peavey fan at all.
Well, the peavey tends to get very fuzzy with these speakers. It sounds alot nicer with V30's or greenbacks.
Peavey indeed is a brand that cant leave you without emotion. Or you LOVE it, or you HATE it.
Most people like it, but ive met other people that find it a huge pile of sh!te
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Well, the peavey tends to get very fuzzy with these speakers. It sounds alot nicer with V30's or greenbacks.
Peavey indeed is a brand that cant leave you without emotion. Or you LOVE it, or you HATE it.
Most people like it, but ive met other people that find it a huge pile of sh!te

Too true.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Try a Mark IV

I think I'd take a 2 channel recto over a mark IV. Mark's have a strange tone, part of it sounds great but a minor adjustment on the GEQ can make it sound very sterile, artificial, or solid state. Recto's sound more natural. Both have good clean channels, the Mark's is probably a hair better, and the Mark plays much better than the recto if you don't have an EQ.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by the memory
but seriously, who really buys a 6505 for the cleeans

Urg.. you can always tell who beats one off to lame kiddy style pedal tone riff's.
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
Quote by doctorcheeze200

cannable corpse.

Hmm....

I didn't know corpses came in cans...

Quote by imgooley
Hmm....

I didn't know corpses came in cans...

Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
In my experience, peavey heads are pretty good (but not on par with mesa,in my opinion). But their cabs seem to be crap. I've tried and hated 6505's and JSX's with their stock cabs, and was blown away when I liked the much cheaper Valveking through another companies cab.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
1fine69's car is bloody gorgeous.