-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------2B
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------3G
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------4D
2-2--2-5-7--2-2--2---0-1-0------------------------ ---------------5A
0-0--0-3-5--0-0--0-3------------------------------- ---------------6E
Last edited by AtlantaHardcore at Jun 25, 2008,
Quote by willguitarist
deep purple?

No. This isn't a quiz. I don't know the answer. That's why I asked for help. I don't mean to sound like an asshole but don't post unless you have an answer; I don't want to waste my time with guesses. If somebody could go play this on guitar and see if they recognize it, I would really appreciate it.

Once again, I apologize for the curtness of this post but I'm really frustrated with this song. It's been going through my mind for months.
Last edited by AtlantaHardcore at Jun 17, 2008,
"Smoke on the Water" is played on the 3rd and 4th strings. They do share a simular structure though.

In the song I'm thinking of, the riff is played twice. After that, the guitarist plays this once and lets it ring. Verses are only sung during this part.

--5--|5A
--3--|6E

The main riff is played twice more, then another verse line. I don't know how many times it repeats nor do I know the chorus.
If the main riff is A and the riff I just spoke about is B then the song should look like this.

A A B... A A B...

I hope that helps.
Last edited by AtlantaHardcore at Jun 18, 2008,
Do you have powertab/guitar pro? Attaching a MIDI sound bite will yield much better results than a notated tab, as rhythm and pace are dictated.

It looks pretty generic, so I'm afraid all you're gonna get is guesses; don't yell at people who guess, because they might be right. You said yourself that you don't know, so if someone thinks it might be something then at least you can look up their guess and narrow it down.
Quote by Mathamology
Do you have powertab/guitar pro? Attaching a MIDI sound bite will yield much better results than a notated tab, as rhythm and pace are dictated.

It looks pretty generic, so I'm afraid all you're gonna get is guesses; don't yell at people who guess, because they might be right. You said yourself that you don't know, so if someone thinks it might be something then at least you can look up their guess and narrow it down.

I was hoping someone would play it and recognize it. I don't have Powertab or Guitar Pro. I'm hesitant about downloading them. I don't know why. Thanks for the advice.
even if someone plays it to recognize it they won't know the tempo/phrasing
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by OThugSd
even if someone plays it to recognize it they won't know the tempo/phrasing

I think it has a moderate tempo. The chord that the guitarist lets ring gives the song a start/stop dynamic.
Quote by TexasFury
OK, let's start from the beginning. How did you come about this tab? Was is some random tab you found and got intrigued by it? Is it a song you've heard before? How are you connecting THIS tab snippet to whatever song you are hearing in your mind?

No one can "play" this tab because there is no rhythm indicated. It's missing info for us to recognize what it might be. Unless you can give us more info, you'll never get your answer. This is one very generic chord progression that has been used countless times. Without rhythm to help make it more unique, we'll never guess it.

I heard it. I wrote this tab myself; it's my first one. I don't know how to indicate rhythm. The only way I can describe it is that it's played kind of fast. I think it's played at the same speed as "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Thanks for your help.
Quote by TexasFury
Well, post a clip of the riff, even if it means playing into a cell phone and posting the video. We can only hope that 1) you can play the riff accurately and 2) you tabbed it accurately. Where did you hear this song? Was it a video? Do you remember any lyrics? Do any of the players have distinctive looks? Bro give us something more substantial to work with, other than vague references that can apply to any of thousands of songs out there. If you want us to help you out, you need to help us as well. Otherwise, sorry.

I remember the vocal melody but not the lyrics. I heard on the radio so I don't know what the band looks like.. I forgot about it until recently when I heard it on the school news. I don't know how to upload anything. I don't have a cell phone. I do have an MBox and ProTools but my laptop uses Vista so I haven't been able to install them. Is there another way?
Last edited by AtlantaHardcore at Jun 25, 2008,
Quote by TexasFury
Do you have any mic that can plug into your comp's soundcard? Even if it's the cheapest 1/8 type that comes for using webcams. Or do you have a plug adapter to convert one end of a guitar cable to 1/8 inch? Or have a friend with a cell phone take a vid of the amp (provided it can capture sound as well). If you live in the states, I'll freaking call you and listen to you play over the phone.

I got a webcam recently but I know how well it will receive sounds. If it does work, how would I upload the video to UG? Can I upload it to a post on the thread?
Last edited by AtlantaHardcore at Jun 27, 2008,
oh dude it makes me wanna cry to hear your "problems" ... you have billions ways to get us hear what you want, theres youtube for videos, you can buy a 10$ karaoke mic, download audacity (or any free audio recording and editing program), you can rip the audio track of the video with audacity if you use the webcam, you can put files on hundreds file hosting services, you can upload audio to your ug profile (and much more ) try something, we live surrounded by technology

edit: btw i dont think you can post a video on ug
Last edited by swinghead at Jun 26, 2008,
I am thinking that the song is Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin. I'm not sure though. The tab I have of that song isn't exactly like what you have.
Quote by Hail~From~Afar
I am thinking that the song is Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin. I'm not sure though. The tab I have of that song isn't exactly like what you have.

Definitely not. Thanks, anyway.
I'm going to throw some songs out there.

Come on (Lets go) by Smashing Pumpkins
The Unforgiven by Metallica
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica
The Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden

Spark anything? Did you hear the song on the radio??
Last edited by Hail~From~Afar at Jul 1, 2008,
What was the style of the song? Was it a kinda generic rock sound? Was it heavy? What sort of distortion/overdrive if any in this riff? What was the singing style? And if you can remember the vocal melody get out your guitar and match it to notes and tab that aswell. These things should help.
Quote by subopolois
you lazy cheap bastard

Gear:
ESP LTD M-50
Marshall G80RCD
Boss ME-50
Ernie Ball STHB

Kill Crazy of the Red Dwarf Smeg Heads!
Quote by bradwhiteuk
What was the style of the song? Was it a kinda generic rock sound? Was it heavy? What sort of distortion/overdrive if any in this riff? What was the singing style? And if you can remember the vocal melody get out your guitar and match it to notes and tab that aswell. These things should help.

In terms of style, it sounds akin to "Song 2" by Blur. Does anyone know if webcam video can be post on my UG profile from the Philips VLounge program?
Will this song ever be identified?
Will AtlantaHardcore receive his answer?
Will any more stupid questions be posed?
Tune in next week to "I Have No Life".
I came to this thread intrigued.

But now I don't care about this douche.
Quote by Moggan13
Personally, i'd buy her a can of Coke, then as she's drinking it say to her "Whats better than Coca Cola?" She'll go "What?" and you shout "CREAM SODA!" And ejaculate in her can.
Last edited by funyguy1357: 147 times : 3-01-08 at 08:17 PM.
Quote by funyguy1357
I came to this thread intrigued.

But now I don't care about this douche.

You cared enough to post a comment. If you don't care about me, move on to a new thread. I don't need you taking up space on the page...douche.
Last edited by AtlantaHardcore at Jul 8, 2008,
Download Powertab and upload the file with the rhythm, or somehow find a way to record your guitar. If you don't no one will get it, I will then be annoyed by this thread constantly re-appearing and end up closing it.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
Download Powertab and upload the file with the rhythm, or somehow find a way to record your guitar. If you don't no one will get it, I will then be annoyed by this thread constantly re-appearing and end up closing it.

I just tried installing it but it's incompatible with Windowss Vista.

No one's answered my webcam question.
Last edited by AtlantaHardcore at Jul 8, 2008,
I have vista, and I run both GP5 and PTE. Stop whining. Now go to youtube, and you can record directly from your webcam. Then post the link here. And/or get PTE, and just export as a MIDI file.
Quote by GoodGod
I have vista, and I run both GP5 and PTE. Stop whining. Now go to youtube, and you can record directly from your webcam. Then post the link here. And/or get PTE, and just export as a MIDI file.

Is there any way to put the webcam video directly on my profile?
You could upload it to youtube and then embed the video to your profile (eg. Sabotage1 - first one I found with it).

Didn't mean to come across too angry in the last post but it would be good to have a bit more detail so you can move on from this riff.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Page 1 of 2