So I bought a 1993 gibson les paul studio a few days ago, and the thing is freaking AMAZING. I use it with my crate palomino v32 amp and I can get pretty much any classic rock tone I want. The problem is that it doesn't seem to weigh as much as les pauls I've tried in stores, and it has an ebony fretboard. I've read that mid-90s studios use ebony fretboards, but I'm not too sure about why it would weigh less. Do you think it might possibly be chambered? Or maybe it might be a les paul studio lite?

Also, the pickups are not stock, so can anyone try to at least give me a general idea of what pickups the guitar may have now? Maybe giving me an idea of what brand they may be? Here are some pictures of the guitar:

Thanks
It's chambered.
Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?

Quote by Curious Jeff
These posts are too long. Just do some drugs
it may be just me, but does the third picture look a bit edited? seems strangely pixelated in some areas, while not in others.
also looking back on TS's first picture, i can clearly see signs of multiple pieces of wood.
as far as i know, aren't Gibsons one piece mahogany?
something fishy about this one if you ask me.

[edit]: also the lack of a serial number in TS's photos
Quote by Arism
it may be just me, but does the third picture look a bit edited? seems strangely pixelated in some areas, while not in others.
also looking back on TS's first picture, i can clearly see signs of multiple pieces of wood.

I've got the guitar already. It's in my brother's cottage (which is seperated from the house) so I'll look it up tomorrow, but I already looked at the serial to determine for sure whether or not it was a 93 model. And it was 9xxx3xxx. Can't remember the rest of the numbers from the top of my head.

And it is all one color, the picture just doesn't make it look that way. Check this one out. It looks EXACTLY the same as mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-LES-PAUL-1992-STUDIO_W0QQitemZ320262761682QQihZ011QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
OMG its fate! This guitar belongs to me!
It was made in the same year as i was born!!!

Damn i just told u all my age1
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by Arism

The picture was compressed extremely small, which causes similar coloured pixels to fuse and create the blocky effect...picutres should have been saved at a higher quality.
Id like a picture of the headstock
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
it's a Les Paul Studio Lite. It has a chambered body that's been filled with 'Chromyte'... something akin to balsa wood. The stock pickups were 496R (neck) and 500T (bridge).

here's mine, also a '93:

she's my #1, btw.
Last edited by sinofian at Jun 16, 2008,
If you just take the pickups out the front of the guitar and look at the backs of them, they may have a brand or model number on there.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by GHJ
If you just take the pickups out the front of the guitar and look at the backs of them, they may have a brand or model number on there.

+1... you may even find that they are in fact the originals, though that bridge pickup looks like someone ran some extra tape or something around the bobbins. The Studio Lite came with uncovered pickups. They'll have the Gibson logo on them if so.
alright thanks for the help guys. and nice studio lite sinofian!

but i was looking at studio lites on the internet and have yet to come across one that was wine red...

That's why I'm not sure which one it is...

And as far as the bridge pup goes, I can get the perfect (literally, spot on) black sabbath tone from the album "paranoid," as well as the tone in the song "sweet leaf." The gain is usually up to 7-9 for these songs though. So maybe it is a very hot pickup.

Either way, I love the guitar to death haha

*SERIAL NUMBER IS 92013390, MADE IN USA