Slow internet, so I'm not going to bother opening the video.

I assume you mean pinch harmonics though. Hold the pick really low down, so your thumb and index rest just behind the tip. And in a fluent motion pick like you normally would, but brush your thumb over the string with it.

It will come after practice, you will eventually start getting it and get better. Very cliche thing to say I know. But it took me a while to pick up, but just came after practising it over again and again.
say you hold down a fret, as you pick it, you let your thumb on the back on the pick, hit the string instantly after the pick hits it, and you get that annoying ****ty over used metal sound :P
No, the video is showing Dime perform whammy squeals with natural harmonics.

TS - Basically, what you do is flick the string with one of the fingers on your left hand (I usually prefer to use my middle finger), and immediately after you drop the whammy bar, and at the bottom, let your fretting finger tap right above the fret you are creating the natural harmonic on. Let's say...fret 5. So, right after you tap your finger above fret 5, your pull the bar back up and squeal. You have to do some muting as well (that's why you see Dime's thumb come over the neck) to stop unwanted string noise. It just takes a bit of practice really, and then it becomes extremely easy once you get it down.

My explanation probably sucked ass. Just watch videos online they will explain better than I can.
well basically with your treble or bridge pickup selected you whammy down heaps then you do a natural harmonic on the 3rd or 9th fret of the G string and thats your nights entertainement right there. if you do it the dimebag way you do say this

pull off nat harmonic
------11----p----<9>--------
whambardown-whambar up
I R GUY LOLOLOLOLOLO1O1O1O!!1L1
Quote by ZoSoBeatle
well basically with your treble or bridge pickup selected you whammy down heaps then you do a natural harmonic on the 3rd or 9th fret of the G string and thats your nights entertainement right there. if you do it the dimebag way you do say this

pull off nat harmonic
------11----p----<9>--------
whambardown-whambar up

What does the <9> mean?
I thought the video explains it pretty well.

Basically drop *dump* the wammy bar so the strings are loose, hit a natural harmonic as you are pulling back on the wammy bar.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Last edited by angus is god at Jun 17, 2008,
wammy bar!?! i have an acoustic!!! not fair. its possible on an acoustic, it just sucks ***
Quote by fixationdarknes
You don't pull-off like ZoSoBeatle is suggesting. You just flick the string with your finger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65XJ6V__pvE This video isn't that great, but it sort of shows you the steps of what to do.

what do you mean it "sort of" show you the steps?

it shows you the steps exactly. Follow them and the TS's question is answered.

out of curiosity....what would make it "great" in your opinion?
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by GuitarMunky

if the guy from the video came to his house and held his hand while he showed him in slow motion what to do?
Quote by GoDrex
if the guy from the video came to his house and held his hand while he showed him in slow motion what to do?

LOL
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky

The video technically covers the steps, but if you want to be nitpicky then I could say that he didn't have a floating tremolo and was unable to both dive and raise the bar from resting position. I generally like when people verbally explain potentially unclear images in people's minds. Makes the video poster seem more personable and overall helpful.

Happy?
Last edited by fixationdarknes at Jun 18, 2008,
Quote by fixationdarknes
The video technically covers the steps, but if you want to be nitpicky then I could say that he didn't have a floating tremolo and was unable to both dive and raise the bar from resting position. I generally like when people verbally explain potentially unclear images in people's minds. Makes the video poster seem more personable and overall helpful.

Happy?

Well. The guy has a Floyd Rose, and it does float, but for this particular lesson he chose to keep it simple and deal with the issue in its simplest form and not dilute it with the many possible variations. (separate videos regarding variations on the technique will come soon)

I would know cause I made the video.

Anyway its no big deal, I was just curious as to your perspective.

I don't talk in my lessons because I feel that the text and the visual get the job done effectively and without distraction. This way the video focuses on the issue and the issue only.

Thanks for your perspective though. It is important to me that people can learn from my work. if I hear enough people complain about something I try to figure out why and correct it.

Thanks for replying.
shred is gaudy music