There are similiarities in the melody, but not in the chord progressions or anything else.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
There are similiarities in the melody, but not in the chord progressions or anything else.
You only need to steal the melody for it to count as musical plagiarism.
they are only similar to each other, and only in the vocal melody. Do you really think that Colplay ripped off your band, its not like the melody is anything special. Its pretty standard melody and it is perfectly normal for songs to sound similar even if one writer has not heard the other

The creaky boards one was **** anyway, i like that coldplay song. Those songs are not even that similar. I also find it stupid they call it "coldplay +itunes". yes itunes wrote that song
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Quote by freedoms_stain
You only need to steal the melody for it to count as musical plagiarism.

That's a load of crap. You think that with the long history of music and the amount of musicians that it's not possible to coincidently use the same melody? I think this guy just noticed they were similar and is trying to make money from it...
Quote by Ziggums
That's a load of crap. You think that with the long history of music and the amount of musicians that it's not possible to coincidently use the same melody? I think this guy just noticed they were similar and is trying to make money from it...

+1
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Tons of songs sound alike, theres only so many progressions so your bound to end up making something thats been before. It's just like Greenday when they got sued by some country and western band nobody had ever heard of for producing a song with a similar tune.
lol they sound prettey much nothing alike, chances of coldplay stealing the melody is prettey slim, its just a coincidence. Every songwriter will unintentionally write something thats already written.

that dude just wants the bucks . . . .
Quote by Ziggums
Note that the word "steal" was used. Stealing is not coincidental, it's deliberate, and that is what the guy on youtube is inferring.

So no, it's not crap. Stealing Melodies is musical plagiarism.
The first time I heard it I recognized it. But I don't even know this other song. Well I might but I just don't recognize the name etc.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
if coldplay "stole" one of my bands melodies - we would change it instantly so as to distance ourselves from the epic pile of fail that is coldplay

no way would i be posting it on an internet forum and making people aware of it
Gear Lists are for G*A*Y*S

Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
if coldplay "stole" one of my bands melodies - we would change it instantly so as to distance ourselves from the epic pile of fail that is coldplay

no way would i be posting it on an internet forum and making people aware of it

I knew this would turn into coldplay bashing. Just because you are jealous because your band hasnt made it or had a chance to 'sell out' doesnt mean you should bash bands. Really there is no reason at all for you to bash the band since that has nothing to do with the topic, you dont like it, why mention it.

Onto the topic, no coldplay didnt steal the melody or anything, it sounds similar, who cares, most of rock uses the same old chord progression.
Yeah, it's just a matter of time until Pachelbel sues Green Day and Dragonforce.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Yeah, it's just a matter of time until Pachelbel sues Green Day and Dragonforce.

And that bastarding JerryC for spawning the most annoying guitar fad ever
Quote by Feel bad inc.
I knew this would turn into coldplay bashing. Just because you are jealous because your band hasnt made it or had a chance to 'sell out' doesnt mean you should bash bands. Really there is no reason at all for you to bash the band since that has nothing to do with the topic, you dont like it, why mention it.

Onto the topic, no coldplay didnt steal the melody or anything, it sounds similar, who cares, most of rock uses the same old chord progression.

damn your so right - have an e-cookie

I wish i was in coldplay, making bland ass music to put middle-aged people in coma's

I get jealous when i hear a good band doing something i wish i had thought of - when i hear coldplay i fall asleep
Gear Lists are for G*A*Y*S

Quote by ANGRY PIRATE
damn your so right - have an e-cookie

I wish i was in coldplay, making bland ass music to put middle-aged people in coma's

I get jealous when i hear a good band doing something i wish i had thought of - when i hear coldplay i fall asleep

And yet still they sell records, so they must be doing something right. Also I dont really see many people go into coma's when they listen to their music.
Quote by Feel bad inc.
And yet still they sell records, so they must be doing something right. Also I dont really see many people go into coma's when they listen to their music.
Try going to one of their gigs.

Instead of a first aid tent they have hammocks.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Try going to one of their gigs.

Instead of a first aid tent they have hammocks.

So you pay to go to their gigs to go to sleep, no wonder humanity as a whole is failing. If you dont like them, dont buy their music, dont talk about them, simple.
Quote by Feel bad inc.
So you pay to go to their gigs to go to sleep, no wonder humanity as a whole is failing. If you dont like them, dont buy their music, dont talk about them, simple.
Someones joke-o-meter is on the blink.
Coldplay Sucks Not Enough Guitar Riffffffageeeee
Quote by Graveworm
The whole muagy thai or whatever crap is just meh to me.
^Parachutes is a great album, but after that all their material is just too 'obvious' I think, and as such, largely shite.
...Bleep Bloop...