Hello all. I'm looking for recommendations of some of the best direct recording for guitar. I'm thinking about the Sansamp line but didn't know if there are better out there. Please let me know what you all like. Thanks.
Are you planning on getting a specific preamp, a digital modeling preamp (Line6's offerings), or do you want to use software amplifiers (so you'd want to directly inject your guitar)?

And do you have any audio equipment at the moment?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Are you planning on getting a specific preamp, a digital modeling preamp (Line6's offerings), or do you want to use software amplifiers (so you'd want to directly inject your guitar)?

And do you have any audio equipment at the moment?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. I am recording direct into my computer's soundcard (probably via a mixer) or USB, whichever would work best. It could be a preamp, it could be an actual small amplifier with a good direct out. Or, it could be like the Sansamp Tri AC, just a small pedal type preamp. I don't need to have a zillion presets if I can get a great sound with only a couple presets (channels). I would rather stay away from software because I may also want to use this for a live situation or so some day . . . Thanks for the reply.
Last edited by bfloyd6969 at Jun 16, 2008,
Oh. In that case, Sansamp's a solid brand, though to be honest, I've heard more ravings about their bass offerings. That said, a higher end ($200 and up) Line6, Boss, or Zoom interface/amp modelers will give you a seriously versatile range of sounds, are easy to plug in (many have USB abilities), and can be played live (through the PA or a Tech21 Power Engine). By going this route, you'll save your back, since you're not carrying 90 pd. 4x12s and 40 pd. heads. You'll need to try them first to see whether the sound is right for you.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Jun 16, 2008,