is it safe to mix a darmarzio super distortion in the bridge with perhaps a guitarfetsh pickup in the neck?

the reason i ask is because when i put a duncan hotrails in my tele it was out of phase with the neck pickup and therefore the wiring configuration had to be modified.
Quote by xgregoryx
is it safe to mix a darmarzio super distortion in the bridge with perhaps a guitarfetsh pickup in the neck?

the reason i ask is because when i put a duncan hotrails in my tele it was out of phase with the neck pickup and therefore the wiring configuration had to be modified.

Any mix of pickups is safe once wired correctley.
The reason your hotrail was out of phase was because that's the way you wired it.
Various manufacturers use different colour coding for the different conductors and this can get very confusing I must admit. Once you follow the wiring guides from the pickup manufacturers data sheet and not simply replace colour for colour you'll be fine.
^+1
it's okay to mix passive pickups of different brands as long as the wiring is correct. but don't ever mix actives and passives. they're not reccomended.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
You can probably (I say that b/c I have never tried it) mix actives with passives; you'd need 2 wiring setups, but I think it'd work. Have actives in one independent circuit and passives in another.