Why is heavy metal called heavy metal? Where did this term originate? I guess i could wiki it but i feel the pit could put it into better words
becouse..... becouse... its just metal

edit: oh i see
heavy means potent
metal means somthing like powerful or strong
somthing somone made up becouse it sounded metal or at the time "cool"
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Quote by sirrjj
becouse..... becouse... its just metal

yeah

some folks say "born to be wild" has the first refference to heavy metal as a sound
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Last edited by plucky duck at Jun 16, 2008,
Heavier, or harder than rock?
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
yeah it was probably a step up from rock aswell

im going to change a qoute +1 to anyone who gets it

"why call it meatel why not just call it heavy rock"
"becouse its metal"
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Last edited by sirrjj at Jun 16, 2008,
Quote by Tarzan_man
Whats heavier than a Rock?

Metal

Geddit?

I wonder what diamond would sound like then
yeah what mineral is next?
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
Black Sabbath guitarist - cut the tips of his fingers off in a steel cutter.

He then proceeded to make new fingertips with metal.

When he played the guitar with these fingers, it sounded heavier than normal rock..

Thus:

Heavy metal.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
...And bands such as Black Sabbath defied metal lived near factorys where they could hear the sound of metal....or wathever....
Quote by plucky duck

The naturally occuring element with the highest atomic number is Uranium....

you can imagine it now:

'Behemoth are a great heavy uranium band'
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by chimpinatux
The naturally occuring element with the highest atomic number is Uranium....

you can imagine it now:

'Behemoth are a great heavy uranium band'

no im sorry it would be neutron metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by IDon'tLoveYou

When he played the guitar with these fingers, it sounded heavier than normal rock..

Thus:

Heavy metal.

thought Iommi wore a leather glove over the fingertips though. Edit:in the early days. (could be wrong, ima broke clock)
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99

Quote by niggafolife
Last edited by plucky duck at Jun 16, 2008,
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou

Thus:

Heavy metal.

No, he tuned to Db to make it easier for him to fret with the damaged fingers, which made the heavier sound.

And that's not what coined the term "Heavy metal", a lot of people think it came from the Steppenwolf song "Born to be wild" where he sings a line "Heavy metal thunder".
According to Alice cooper, the first time the term Heavy metal was used was in reference to him in Rolling stone or something.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by plucky duck

It's gonna turn out just like pokemon.

Ruby, Crystal....
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou

Thus:

Heavy metal.

Quote by SG thrasher
No, he tuned to Db to make it easier for him to fret with the damaged fingers, which made the heavier sound.

And that's not what coined the term "Heavy metal", a lot of people think it came from the Steppenwolf song "Born to be wild" where he sings a line "Heavy metal thunder".
Both wrong.

Iommi melted down fairy washing up liquid bottles and moulded them into artificial finger tips which he then coated in leather to enable them to "grip" the strings properly. From Iommi's moth, I think from one of their reunion dvds.
Well i just took what i heard off the BBC Documentary Seven Ages of rock (the metal one)

and it said something about making fingertips using some kind of metal, and thats where it came from/
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by freedoms_stain
Both wrong.

Iommi melted down fairy washing up liquid bottles and moulded them into artificial finger tips which he then coated in leather to enable them to "grip" the strings properly. From Iommi's moth, I think from one of their reunion dvds.

How was I wrong? I didn't reference what he put on his fingers whatsoever. I have the DVD, I'm not an idiot.
Quote by SG thrasher
How was I wrong? I didn't reference what he put on his fingers whatsoever. I have the DVD, I'm not an idiot.

Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
Que?
Well he used metal in the making of his new fingertips then.
Quote by alaskan_ninja

haha
Quote by SG thrasher
He didn't downtune to Db right away, sorry I thought you were the other guy.

He was playing in E on the early records, down tuning didn't come until later.
Metal forum
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...