You know that thing in the back of your throat that just kind of hangs there?
That's called a uvula.

"Uvulitis is an inflammation of the uvula, which is the small fingerlike piece of tissue that hangs down from the soft palate in the back of the throat. The uvula can usually be seen when a person opens his or her mouth wide.

Uvulitis is most often caused by an infection. Symptoms of uvulitis include swelling and redness of the uvula.

Home treatment for a sore throat may be all that is needed to relieve uvulitis. It may also go away without treatment."

Basically, guys... I'm looking for treatments. I'm certain that it was brought on by excessive smoking (as learned in Wikipedia), and I've been drinking hot liquid, which makes it a whole lot worse to my surprise (again, as learned in Wikipedia).

I've searched the internets, and I can't find any treatments... Also, is it contagious?
Marijuana is the spice of life.

I Force Choke my penis when I masturbate.

8)-~
inflammations are rarely contagious (anything ending in -itis is an inflammation).

The key to stopping an inflammation is to remove the source of inflammation- your smoking and drinking hot drinks (for a while). Then it'll clear up naturally, as inflammation is all part of your body's immune response.

EDIT: Inflammation isn't always caused by an infection. It can be caused by irritation from outside agents, which is how bronchitis comes about- cigarette smoke agitating the cells in the bronchioles.
Thanks a lot, that helps a great deal. I can see it's swelled up, and when I have to be careful not to actually swallow it. It's been going on for a few days... I've had it before, but not really this long. I've stopped smoking, and I'm going to stop drinking hot liquids, hopefully it will clear up...

Thank God I've found out it isn't contagious, I'm having my girlfriend over today.

8)-~
See a doctor?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Raven
Thanks a lot, that helps a great deal. I can see it's swelled up, and when I have to be careful not to actually swallow it. It's been going on for a few days... I've had it before, but not really this long. I've stopped smoking, and I'm going to stop drinking hot liquids, hopefully it will clear up...

Thank God I've found out it isn't contagious, I'm having my girlfriend over today.

Try drinking lots of cold fluids, just to calm some symptoms down.
I've thought a lot about that, actually. Now that you mention it, I think that's what I'll do... Some ice water will probably do some good :]

8)-~
Deliriumbassist knows what he's talking about...but I would still see a doctor just in case.
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Deliriumbassist knows what he's talking about...but I would still see a doctor just in case.

He is teh biomedz student! I'd trust him my life.