So whats a cheap metal guitar, not super cheap like 150 dollars, but decent, like below 400, maybe even 500, a guitar that can play classic rock, hard rock, and metal, I would naturally assume an sg fits the profile, am i right? What others are there?
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
dean razorback db, or dean razorback v stock style
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
I wouldn't go for the Dean personally. All the one's I've played (even the ones up to the 1000's $) have been shoddily built and poor features for the price. I"m not hopping on a bandwagon here, I like how the Deans look and everything, I'm just upset I'm not getting what I paid for, ie: A 1000 $ with a licensed floyd.

Look at schecter, they have very solid, versatile guitars around 500 $-ish. If you go a bit over you can get a C1 classic which is a solid guitar that can play most genres. Jackson makes some dinky's aronud that price too, you can look into those. I've never tried any ESP, but apparantly they make good guitars aroudn 400 $ as well.

Washburn also have good guitars, if you can, go to a store and play everything that you can afford/plan to afford. This will give you a good idea of what's comfortable and what works.

HOpe it helps,

-Can
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Yes an SG would cover that range but what amp you have would be much more important. unless you have a totally awesome amp already.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
Quote by Stevie B
Yes an SG would cover that range but what amp you have would be much more important. unless you have a totally awesome amp already.

Profile says he's got a Frontman... in which case he has no business getting a new guitar.