i heard that its not good to go into a pool with contacts because the chlorine gets sucked up like a sponge by your contacts. well i swam yesterday and wore my contacts, this morning when i put them on it burned for a little bit, but its fine now.

so anyone know anything about this contact/chlorine thing? and you think that burning feeling i got was bad? maybe the chlorine is eating my eyes out as i type this right now
Quote by Graveworm
The whole muagy thai or whatever crap is just meh to me.
Well, you're supposed to take them off when showering, swimming and sleeping (alliteration )
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Last edited by M.O.P at Jun 16, 2008,
you shouldn't wear contacts while swimming if you're going to get water in your eyes, unless they're specially designed ones of course. wear goggles, what's so hard about that?
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
This is relevant to my interests

Opticians of UG scare us quick before we go blind
I've done it a few times before, and I've had the same experience.
I wear dailies though, I don't know about you, so as soon as I got home that night I took them out. The next day they stung a bit when the new ones went in, but nothing major.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Eh, I always just swim and shower with my contacts in. I only take them out before bed, and sometimes I don't even do that. I think it's ok to sleep in them for a day or so, though.

I vaguely remember the eye doc telling me about how they'll calcify or something like that when exposed to water, but I'm not sure. They've never bothered me very much even though I slightly abuse them, anyway.

You should probably change them a little sooner since they've been soaked in chlorine, though. That can't be good for your eyes.

i was told not to wear mine when swimming as if i got water in my eyes the contacts would be likely to fall out and i'd lose them. nothing about the chlorine.
from daylight...
...into darkness
this is creepy, i was thinking about this exact thing yesterday!!

i think im gonna just get prescripted goggles,
Quote by divid3d
i was told not to wear mine when swimming as if i got water in my eyes the contacts would be likely to fall out and i'd lose them. nothing about the chlorine.

Same.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I swim and take showers in my contacts all the time, and they never really burn.