so, the truss rod cover holes, pup ring holes, output jack holes, etc, etc, etc are all very small...

when you guys build, do you put the small holes before or after finish? I'm just curious because those are the only holes I need to put in before (or after) I lay my finish.
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
before. the wood could possibly chip if ur not careful, and this would screw up your finish. if it happens before u can just be some filler in it.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
I always do before painting. If one needs to be moved etc alot easier to do it before painting. And you dont risk screwing up the paint. The paint wont fill the holes in or anything.
i vote before also. even if it does fill it a little bit, it'll give your screws better bite anyway

that's what i do, and haven't had problems ever.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
now the kicker, I have a friend looking to have some holes drilled in his finished body... wish me luck
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology