well I plan on going to see Rancid this sunday. I would have to get the day off from work (Ingles grocery) or at least get the early early shift. The thing is, my boss is kind of uptight (well, very) and we really arent supposed to request days off anymore since people were taking advantage of it. As much as I hate to, I need to come up with an excuse as to why I need that day off or why I should get the morning. Id love to tell him the truth, but he'd get pissed that I would even ask for that.
So UG, help me out. What believable excuses should i try?
Funeral/Wedding.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
your mouse ate your last bit of cheese, your cat ate your mouse, your dog ate your cat and your pet tiger ate your dog, and now you have to attend all their funerals and it will last a week.

it works, believe me
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Dentist.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Dentist is without a doubt best one for anything, nothing quite like human dental hygeine, best excuses come from the mouth :P
yea tell him u have to go to the docter or the dentist. jst come up with a reason involving one of those.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
What happened to just calling in sick? Say you have the flu and you don't want to get your germs all over the food so the customers dont get sick and decide never to shop there again.
You could always not say, and suddenly "find out that your Mum has been in a car crash" and "go to see if she's ok".
Yours sincerely,

bobwentpop, UG's favourite spontaneous combustion victim.
Funeral. He can't openly doubt you for the risk that you're telling the truth. Works every time.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by LedZeppelin9345
your mouse ate your last bit of cheese, your cat ate your mouse, your dog ate your cat and your pet tiger ate your dog, and now you have to attend all their funerals and it will last a week.

it works, believe me

Don't forget to mention the Liger that ate your tiger, the elephant that ate the liger, and your mother eating the elephant...

Quote by korinaflyingv
bleeding anus

I have actually used this before...
Quote by saitenslayer
get a cat,shot it and say it got shot in adrive by and it needs medixcle atention

Yeah "shot"ting it seems like a bright idea.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
you have to visit the sex clinic.............for a friend
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
If i say the dentist or doctor, then he'd want an a docotors excuse so I doubt that's a good one to use.
Diahorrea (I think that's how it's spelt)
Now one questions that.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Funeral

Just Do It
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Just tell him rancid is much more important then obeying his orders. Hes a manager at a grocery store, hes no one important.
Isn't it your right to get days off, and he can't deny them? I don't work, but that's how I thought it went.
i cum blood?
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
Quote by BiOhAZarD722
yea tell him u have to go to the docter or the dentist. jst come up with a reason involving one of those.

grammar not your strong point?
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
Doctors appointment.

but you have to build it up, ie start coughing on monday, heavily on tuesday, a small bottle of "pills" (sweets) for wednesday, a few big bottles for thursday, and an appointment on friday also your ill so you get the whole day off. if you do it really well, you can carry this on to mon/tues the next week.

or, funeral.

be extremely upset on tuesday, as your mum died or whoever.
friday off.

if you do it really well, a few grievence days too.
Quote by ginjaninja
Doctors appointment.

but you have to build it up, ie start coughing on monday, heavily on tuesday, a small bottle of "pills" (sweets) for wednesday, a few big bottles for thursday, and an appointment on friday also your ill so you get the whole day off. if you do it really well, you can carry this on to mon/tues the next week.

or, funeral.

be extremely upset on tuesday, as your mum died or whoever.
friday off.

if you do it really well, a few grievence days too.

dude dont say ur mum died, thats savage
he would prob expect u take take a month off lol
I use this form:

My ___________ is/are in a state of ______________ and need/needs ______________ . Therefore I cannot be here on __________________.

Just fill in the blanks for a custom-built, fool proof, 100% accurate excuse.

For example: My Mother is in a state of cardiac arrest and needs me to be by her side. Therefore I cannot be here on Sunday.

Or perhaps: My Teeth are in a state of cavity and need a dentist. Therefore I cannot be here on Sunday.

Use the form, be creative.
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
well our schedules for the rest of the week are made on tuesday and so Id have to ask him today, so a funeral wont work and a doctors appointment seems wrong...I guess Ill say my cousin is going on a mission trip to India monday and we're having a party on sunday for him (Its half true actually). Hows that?
Quote by FunkyFire
well our schedules for the rest of the week are made on tuesday and so Id have to ask him today, so a funeral wont work and a doctors appointment seems wrong...I guess Ill say my cousin is going on a mission trip to India monday and we're having a party on sunday for him (Its half true actually). Hows that?

My cousin is in a state of religious crusading and needs me to throw a goodbye party for him . Therefore I cannot be here on Sunday .

Works with everything.
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
My Dog is in a state of constipation and needs loads of fiber . Therefore I cannot be here on Sunday and maybe monday .
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
my boss is exactly the same dude, i always say its college... i've tried every excuse in the book (dentists, doctors, wedding, funeral, i'm ill, etc.) and she is just so uptight about giving time off... i once told her i had a my grand dads funeral to go too, hes not really dead hes very much alive lol, but she went as far as to ask me to AVOID it! if i really was going to his funeral i'd be pissed as hell!
but the excuse that works everytime now is college... say you gotta college assignment or something and explain to her that its a course your paying for and she can't say no =]
Your aunt from norway has died and you need to take care of his retarted kids for one day
鋼の錬金術師