This is a question to all the economists out there about the EU countries that use the euro...

All those countries have different inflation rates. If I'm not mistaken, Spain's huge growth lately has led to a much higher inflation than the stagnating Italian economy... Wouldn't this mean that the Euro is worth less in Spain than in Italy? But how can that be since a euro is a euro, no matter where in the EU you are?

Or have I just missed something really obvious?
ireland is about 4%
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
In some countries you can buy more for the same amount of euros, I guess...
the euro is the euro whatever country you go in that uses the euro, yeah some places you can buy things for cheaper/live for cheaper, just like being in a posh area or a poor area... but the euro is worth the same wherever you go...
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

goods cost different things in different countries, even with the same currency. it is called "purchasing power". there are countless reasons for the differences in price.

cigarettes in germany, for example, cost 4 euros, but they are only a couple in spain.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by LedZeppelin9345
goods cost different things in different countries, even with the same currency. it is called "purchasing power". there are countless reasons for the differences in price.

cigarettes in germany, for example, cost 4 euros, but they are only a couple in spain.

So then there's basically 'german euros', 'spanish euros', 'italian euros', etc.. That sorta defeats the purpose of the euro....
Quote by pwnerer
So then there's basically 'german euros', 'spanish euros', 'italian euros', etc.. That sorta defeats the purpose of the euro....
No, that's not the case at all. It's just the same as all the US states using the dollar.

Growth is higher in some states of the US than others, so you have the same issue. Using one currency over a wider area gives more stability.
Quote by pwnerer
No, it's the same currency used everywhere in Europe (that adopted the Euro), things just cost more or less EUROS in different countries.
^ Not really.

The Euro was brough in to make it easier to go through Europe without changing currency.

Think of it like this. You go to Leeds, buy a sarnie for £1.50. Tuna mayo, nice white bread roll, bit of sweetcorn, why not.

Go to London, same sandwich goes for £2.50.
Quote by saphrax
^ Not really.

The Euro was brough in to make it easier to go through Europe without changing currency.

Think of it like this. You go to Leeds, buy a sarnie for £1.50. Tuna mayo, nice white bread roll, bit of sweetcorn, why not.

Go to London, same sandwich goes for £2.50.

True, you come to Bath and it costs £3.00. It's just all to do with the wealth an prosperity of the area. You can put prices up if all you customers are rich.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
A euro is a euro no matter where you are (like how a dollar is still worth a dollar if you are in New York or if you are in Texas) and in some places things cost more for different reasons. Let's say you want to buy something in Texas but it just so happens that same object is worth less in New York. It doesn't mean the dollar is worth less in Texas. The same thing goes for the euro. If you want to buy something in Spain but in Germany it just so happens to cost less, that doesn't mean in Spain the euro is less.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
The central bank, obviously. Otherwise one small country could put interest rates really high and their banks would have everybody's savings and then they'd own everything, or some stupid scheme.
I'll be damned if I can find a sandwich in Leeds for £1.50.

Remember also that variation in tax between Euro-using countries will increase the apparent disparity in price.
Quote by smb
The central bank, obviously. Otherwise one small country could put interest rates really high and their banks would have everybody's savings and then they'd own everything, or some stupid scheme.

Yeh that wouldn't happen...
Quote by pwnerer

A euro's a euro, and it's worth the same amount of dollars, pounds, or yen anywhere. But some countries have more kicking around, and it takes more of them to buy something.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!